Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Some new images from the airport and of the airport. The interior is sharp! They (the airport authority) have really outdone themselves with the renovations. I certainly am proud of our terminal now that most of the work is done and the place looks ready to tackle the 21st century! Great work MNAA!!

Here are a few shots I got while flying around the other day. Enjoy!

"B" Concourse with some Delta air Lines action taking place.

3161999174_ac0d2e283e_o.jpg

The airport itself:

3158288502_268d136e44_o.jpg

Landing runway 20C with a departing American Airlines MD83 ahead of us.

3160623015_bc1842507c_o.jpg

The Terminal from the north:

3157366387_495a8638c4_o.jpg

Vancoucer Canucks chariot:

3158041232_b9590b81e9_o.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here are a couple photos from the departure out of Nashville. The plane both up there and back was packed solid!!

West End in this shot..

3108362323_171c45fe2d.jpg

That's actually mostly Charlotte Ave with the 440/40 intersection about dead center. West End runs into the engine nacelle. John C. Tune is about 1 o'clock from the center and about 12 o'clock is Bells Bend

Edited by nvestnbna

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, yes ... but to get there will involve time-consuming connections in either Baltimore or Chicago Midway in order to get there. American remains the only carrier flying nonstop to LGA; Continental is nonstop to Newark; Delta is nonstop to JFK.

Glad to see that Southwest's daily nonstops from BNA to both Seattle & Oakland will resume again next month.

I've been waiting on this for years! Southwest to begin service to LaGuardia.

Tennessean

Well, Southwest has to get more slots into LGA before they can expand anymore. But enough traffic from Nashville goes there, then the chances of flights to there increases dramatically. Me personally, I see them connecting BNA to LGA relatively soon.

Same with Boston now.

• 2 months later...

A bit of bad news, but not unexpected, China Airlines will cease it's daily flights to Nashville on July 31st. They will re-route all freight through Atlanta and their daily service on them from now on. No airline has expressed intrest in filling the void.

Edited by Lexy

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that Pacific Wings is set to begin service to Nashville from Owensboro, KY, as well as, Jackson, TN. I believe these flights will continue on to Atlanta. These flights are part of the Essential Air Service program. Jackson has been without passenger service for 18 months. The airline will use 9-seat Cessna's. The fares start at $39, though and if you're flying from Jackson or Ownesboro, you may book your ticket throught to your final destination on any airline but Southwest. Pacific wings has a similar arrangement running from Athens, GA and Macon, GA to ATL.

• 1 month later...

I just read that Pacific Wings is set to begin service to Nashville from Owensboro, KY, as well as, Jackson, TN. I believe these flights will continue on to Atlanta. These flights are part of the Essential Air Service program. Jackson has been without passenger service for 18 months. The airline will use 9-seat Cessna's. The fares start at $39, though and if you're flying from Jackson or Ownesboro, you may book your ticket throught to your final destination on any airline but Southwest. Pacific wings has a similar arrangement running from Athens, GA and Macon, GA to ATL.

These flights have now started and from what I hear, they are doing well thus far! There is plenty demand between Nashville and Owensboro, KY regardless. At the height of the American Airlines hub here, Nashville had service to Owensboro and Jackson on American Eagle.

• 1 month later...

There are some reports that Southwest Airlines could be gearing up for daily non stop flights to Panama City, Florida. Currently, Southwest doesn't serve that market in any way so this would be new service in a couple different ways. Nashville and Baltimore are the rumored cities that will get initial service on Southwest so I encourage you to stay tuned. I can see Southwest making this route work from both cities, especially with the connection possiblities in both Focus Cities.

There are some reports that Southwest Airlines could be gearing up for daily non stop flights to Panama City, Florida. Currently, Southwest doesn't serve that market in any way so this would be new service in a couple different ways. Nashville and Baltimore are the rumored cities that will get initial service on Southwest so I encourage you to stay tuned. I can see Southwest making this route work from both cities, especially with the connection possiblities in both Focus Cities.

they're supposed to open service at the new airport that's been under construction for sometime. it's been rumored for a while, but it's posted on the PC airport site as of today being official that SWA will start in may '10.

Southwest announced today that they'll start serving it in May '10 from four destinations I belive. I would strongly suspect we'd be among them. I'm excited about our SWA service to STL, and I find it odd that they cut service to Ontario, CA. We're Ontario's link to the East so it seems like that's a weird one to eliminate. I live in Dallas now, and I'm just counting the days until Love is fully repealed.

Southwest announced today that they'll start serving it in May '10 from four destinations I belive. I would strongly suspect we'd be among them. I'm excited about our SWA service to STL, and I find it odd that they cut service to Ontario, CA. We're Ontario's link to the East so it seems like that's a weird one to eliminate. I live in Dallas now, and I'm just counting the days until Love is fully repealed.

BNA will be one of the first destinations from Love Field once the Wright Amendment is gone. And when they add flights, I would expect anywhere from four to seven flights a day between Nashville and Dallas. Southwest wants this connection pretty bad right now, shame we all have to wait.

So we are losing the Ontario flight but gaining Panama City as a "Launch City" from there and we are also adding dailies to St. Louis on Southwest as well. Overall, that's really not bad. We are actually gaining flights and destinations as opposed to straight losing them. That's great and perhaps the Ontario flight will come back after the economy recovers.

BNA will be one of the first destinations from Love Field once the Wright Amendment is gone. And when they add flights, I would expect anywhere from four to seven flights a day between Nashville and Dallas. Southwest wants this connection pretty bad right now, shame we all have to wait.

So we are losing the Ontario flight but gaining Panama City as a "Launch City" from there and we are also adding dailies to St. Louis on Southwest as well. Overall, that's really not bad. We are actually gaining flights and destinations as opposed to straight losing them. That's great and perhaps the Ontario flight will come back after the economy recovers.

Again, I'm just counting the days. It's usually not enough to push me to fly American, but I sure do hate connecting though HOU, KCI, MSY or Birmingham.

Edited by franktown

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

There was a steep (-4.8% YoY) loss in airport traffic in February (first monthly decrease in percentage in 25 months) and only a paltry 1.5% increase in March. This is undoubtedly due to weather, when there were quite a number of cancelled flights.

Otherwise, airport passenger growth has been rather strong, especially in the summer and fall of last year.