Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

9 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

This'll probably be the biggest announcement since the new terminal and American hub breaking the news for Nashville. Once this happens, expect intense interest from other airlines current and potentially new to BNA to look at international flights. 

Are you saying you know what the announcement is?

2 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Are you saying you know what the announcement is?

I think that can be deduced just from the weird publicity. No way it's not something international, and huge. The only things I can imagine that would even begin to warrant this would be either announcement of a major terminal addition, or a return of trans-oceanic air service, and they already said it was service related. In fact, that's the only thing we've had indicators of. Those indicators being announcements that BNA was actively seeking a London route, previous interest from BA and Virgin, and these recent announcements from Virgin about how focused they are on Nashville as a city right now.

• Like 3

If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's new International service (guessing London based on what others said) not an American hub. The airline already has 9 or 10 hubs. Charlotte and Miami are the two in the Southeast. There's been talk of reducing the number of hubs, not increasing them. 

Geez...I would've been excited had they not built this up so much.  The addition of one domestic stop does not warrant so much suspense.  Great news nonetheless.  Now BNA just needs a flight to Portland, and it's more or less covered on the contiguous United States front. 

20 minutes ago, Will said:

Weaksauce. Going forward, at least we know to ignore any hype emanating out of BNA. 

The hype for an international route, like London,  would have been much much bigger.  There would have been a huge media push, lots of officials at local, state and federal levels, at a big splashy event.  Just a simple Facebook post a few days in advance was really not that big a deal.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melrose said:

The hype for an international route, like London,  would have been much much bigger.  There would have been a huge media push, lots of officials at local, state and federal levels, at a big splashy event.  Just a simple Facebook post a few days in advance was really not that big a deal.....

This is what I was thinking this morning while awaiting the "big news."  If it were something as big as an international non-stop, someone would've leaked it to the media before the 9:30 press conference, probably even the day before.  It would've been more than just a Facebook teaser.  Still, while I'm sorely disappointed that BNA didn't get a non-stop to London, I'm still glad to see our airport continue to grow and attract new service, particularly to SFO.  I honestly don't think it'll be long before we'll have a London flight.