Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

On 6/16/2016 at 9:46 PM, Nathan_in_DC said:

Really, really glad I wasn't in the airport Monday...

A little late with this, but friends from Dallas flew out that Monday on Southwest and had no issues at all.  They had all lines open and they went through security in less than 15 minutes.  They were surprised but pleased as they had encountered very long lines in Dallas Love Field coming to Nashville.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance, but am I reading this correctly? 

With heavy airline traffic in the summer months, June, the final month of the airport’s fiscal year, could take annual enplanements, or total boarded passengers, over the 2 million mark for the first time since 2012

MEM is on pace to do a half million more passengers this month than BNA's busiest month ever? I've got to be missing something.

I think what it is saying is that the total number of people that originate from MEM will total 2 million for the entire year.  That will evidently break the record previously set when Northwest/Delta had a hub there.  During the hub days, total passenger numbers were more in line with what Nashville is now, but the number of originating passengers from Memphis was much smaller.  I don't think the total enplanement a number counts people flying into MEM from city A and transferring to a flight bound for city B. 

• Like 1

It's an odd line. 2012 had 6.7 million total passengers at MEM (3.3 million enplanements). To say that 2 million enplanements would "rival" the Delta days is...well...odd.

FYI, in 2005, MEM had 11 million total passengers and 5.3 million enplanements.

• Like 1

Speaking of MEM, has there been any talk of a modernization-type project for BNA? I was at the airport last week for the first time and was a bit surprised at how dated the overall facility looked. MEM should be quite nice when all is said and done: http://www.uarch.com/memphis-international-airport-improvements/

I would think that with the BNA's growing traffic, a similar project may be in the works.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...