Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

1 hour ago, dmillsphoto said:

image.thumb.png.600690458dcd400c0aa22c32a6a7f2d0.png

Looks like 5 gates in the int. arrivals and 6 in concourse D. I like that they're putting the international jets front and center like that. Makes for a pretty cool view when you walk into the lobby. 6 additional gates in D will be welcome, I just wonder if they're going to need to expand again soon after. I suppose they could extend A and dogleg B, if need be. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

image.thumb.png.600690458dcd400c0aa22c32a6a7f2d0.png

If I were a kid, I would have loved to have this set up in my bedroom!  I'd be playing "Airport" all day and night.  Oh...what the heck.  I'd love to have this in a room in my house right now!! :D

2 hours ago, memphian said:

Meanwhile the Memphis Business Journal has a story behind the paywall about how the upgrades at MEM could lead to a, wait for it, Chick-fil-A! 

BNA looks great. Definitely better than most it's size already and this is just going to allow phenomenal growth. 

As much as I've felt "anti-Memphis" in the past (I used to live and work there)...I do hope Memphis can eventually catch some of this magic.  Would be great for the state...and even good for E. Arkansas where I grew up.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Impressive! Sleek! So it appears that the International arrivals gates have replaced what was dubbed in previous designs "Grand Ol' Lobby", right? 

Either that or they just merged the two. This version just seems sleeker and more inviting than the previous rendering, for some reason. I wonder if they're still planning on expanding B and A concourses with more retail offerings?

• Like 1

I thought we were already short on gates.  While five gates in the International Arrivals Building will allow tremendous growth compared to what we have now in international passengers, will the additional six gates at D allow for appropriate domestic growth, especially if we lose a couple from the IAB?   

I love the interior shots, especially how it subtly references a guitar from the inside and outside.  It also strongly reminds me of the Music City Center.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I thought we were already short on gates.  While five gates in the International Arrivals Building will allow tremendous growth compared to what we have now in international passengers, will the additional six gates at D allow for appropriate domestic growth, especially if we lose a couple from the IAB?   

I love the interior shots, especially how it subtly references a guitar from the inside and outside.  It also strongly reminds me of the Music City Center.

Oh no, we're not short on gates. Southwest turns the most flights per day, per gate and that is roughly 7-8 turns per gate.  American doesn't even use one of their gates they have, C8 and they only run an originator out of C2, the rest there are Southwest flights. 

BNA is comfortable on gates but if an airline, such as Alaska/Virgin, JetBlue, or Frontier wants other gates, they'll need to look at D, because American, Southwest, & Delta damn sure aren't giving up anymore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NashRugger said:

Oh no, we're not short on gates. Southwest turns the most flights per day, per gate and that is roughly 7-8 turns per gate.  American doesn't even use one of their gates they have, C8 and they only run an originator out of C2, the rest there are Southwest flights. 

BNA is comfortable on gates but if an airline, such as Alaska/Virgin, JetBlue, or Frontier wants other gates, they'll need to look at D, because American, Southwest, & Delta damn sure aren't giving up anymore. 

What is the maximum amount of turns that airlines would typically be comfortable with per gate?

Just had a chance to watch the video above. Some details mentioned.

1. "Nearly tripling" the amount of short term parking spaces with 5000 new spaces in two new garages. 

2. Doubling the number of security lanes to 28. 

3. Adding 5 international gates. Total 6

4. Improved domestic baggage claim.

5. New hotel "integrated into the terminal". 

6. Accommodating light rail terminal.

7. "Seamless" indoor-outdoor design.

• Like 3