Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I've done that TransPacific flight in a 747 before. I took a 14 hour flight from Dallas to Seoul, Korea. It was definitely a long flight, but it was great in the 747. Hankster, where in Thailand did you go - just to Bangkok, or did you get to see any of the rest of the country. Phuket is really something to see. Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

I've been all over the country, because I lived in Asia for almost three years and did business in Thailand frequently. I've been to Phuket several times, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, the ancient capital Ayatthaya, and Saraburi. It's a wonderful place to visit. The traffic in Bangkok is hideous, but still it's a beautiful and fascinating place. The Grand Palace grounds are truly spectacular and a must see. Still my favorite place to visit was Phuket. It's like Hawaii except much less expensive with lots of spectacular beaches. It was a crying shame about the tsunami there.

Hey, here's something I just learned: Councourse D is closed? Why did they build it if no one is using it?

It was originally used for American Eagle when they (American) had a hub here. It doesn't have jetbridges on it, just steps to the tarmac. Southwest doesn't need it, so they use it for training and storage from what I hear. But that whole concourse is very, very small so..........it does stay in working shape in case the need to use it arises though.

Edited by Lexy

Hey Lexy,

Not to hijack your excellent thread, but Huntsville International is going after AirTran and Frontier

hard for new service. Frontier would be a great fit, either tie in with Nashville, but really need nonstops

to Reagan. Add a couple of nonstops to Denver that would be sweet.

Also our daily 747 cargo from Atlas, Polar to Asia and Europe are fun to watch and makes HSV

not to shabby in the cargo world.

If you hear any Frontier news let me know. Great pics as usual!

Thanks!

Stopped by the overlook this morning at 9:30 and got to watch the big, no huge, China Airlines 747 take-off. I have to admit that it was an incredible treat! It's awesome to watch something that big get airborne so quick and at such a low speed (comparatively) - those engines are just unreal. I think that even the air was shaking! Next stop - Cape Canaveral

Lexy, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the info!

Edited by LA_TN

Hey Lexy,

Not to hijack your excellent thread, but Huntsville International is going after AirTran and Frontier

hard for new service. Frontier would be a great fit, either tie in with Nashville, but really need nonstops

to Reagan. Add a couple of nonstops to Denver that would be sweet.

Also our daily 747 cargo from Atlas, Polar to Asia and Europe are fun to watch and makes HSV

not to shabby in the cargo world.

If you hear any Frontier news let me know. Great pics as usual!

Thanks!

My wife spoke with someone at corporate HQ in Denver for Frontier the other day. He mentioned that the flights here do VERY well and even the Cancun flight is beyond what they expected as far as passenger numbers goes ummmm, how about SOLD OUT 90% of the time. Who knew? This flight has got to be pulling traverlers in from a long way away. LOL!!!

Airtran is good and all, but it's nothing more than a discount Delta. You still have to fool with the headache called Atlanta. Also, does the name Value Jet ring a bell?? LOL!! Need I say more. Unfortunatly, due to your location I doubt Southwest will enter that market. Nashville is a just a short trip away as is Birmingham and both have Southwest as you know. Nashville has much, much more to offer than Birmingham, but none the less.

He did mention that there may be more destinations around the corner for Frontier here, like Calgary and some more in Central America perhaps. Unfortunatly, he didn't mention Humtsville. But that doesn't mean anything honestly. I would look for Frontier to show up there once the passenger numbers get a bit higher. They aren't a risk taking airline and they really want hard numbers to go on. Remember, they almost went completely under a while ago, so they are a bit more reserved about their approach now.

LA TN, it is a beautiful sight isn't it. LOL!!! I never get tired of seeing it.

BTW, here is another shot from inside the cabin on the CAL 747-409F. It's a bit more zoomed in and more showing of the throttle controls between the Captain and FO seats.

65428178.fkKVdr3a.achinaairlinescockpit3.jpg

Edited by Lexy

My wife spoke with someone at corporate HQ in Denver for Frontier the other day. He mentioned that the flights here do VERY well and even the Cancun flight is beyond what they expected as far as passenger numbers goes ummmm, how about SOLD OUT 90% of the time. Who knew? This flight has got to be pulling traverlers in from a long way away. LOL!!!

Airtran is good and all, but it's nothing more than a discount Delta. You still have to fool with the headache called Atlanta. Also, does the name Value Jet ring a bell?? LOL!! Need I say more. Unfortunatly, due to your location I doubt Southwest will enter that market. Nashville is a just a short trip away as is Birmingham and both have Southwest as you know. Nashville has much, much more to offer than Birmingham, but none the less.

He did mention that there may be more destinations around the corner for Frontier here, like Calgary and some more in Central America perhaps. Unfortunatly, he didn't mention Humtsville. But that doesn't mean anything honestly. I would look for Frontier to show up there once the passenger numbers get a bit higher. They aren't a risk taking airline and they really want hard numbers to go on. Remember, they almost went completely under a while ago, so they are a bit more reserved about their approach now.

LA TN, it is a beautiful sight isn't it. LOL!!! I never get tired of seeing it.

BTW, here is another shot from inside the cabin on the CAL 747-409F. It's a bit more zoomed in and more showing of the throttle controls between the Captain and FO seats.

65428178.fkKVdr3a.achinaairlinescockpit3.jpg

Thanks for that info, yeah we know Southwest won't happen, But I can see Frontier. Usually these things take a year or so of planning. Independence had good numbers before they shut down.

Edited by HSVTiger

He did mention that there may be more destinations around the corner for Frontier here, like Calgary and some more in Central America perhaps.

That's great news about international travel out of Nashville. Maybe Frontier can lead the way in really ramp up the number of international flights offerred out of Nashville.

I could see HSV getting the Regional Jet service for Frontier, but Birmingham would most likely get their mainline service. There has to be a market for flights, and I am not sure of the true O&D numbers for HSV, to Denver and places beyond that Frontier fly's to. I think it could happen, but I would be willing to bet Birmingham would have something to say about it. LOL!!! Especially after the renovations. Heck, Louisville doesn't even have service with Frontier AT ALL! Imagine that. Personally, I would love for Frontier to go to HSV. So good luck getting them!!!

Just a little update.

Renovations are already underway at the terminal building.

FedEx starts revenue service here with two cargo jets August 31st.

JetBlue starts revenue service here on the same day as well. Lots to look forward to in the very near future.

The website for the airport has also been redone.

Updated list of Direct Service Cities from Nashville International is also on their site. A few of those cities raised my eyebrows fellas. See if you can find them.

Direct Service Markets

Airport Code City Name

ALB Albany (US) NY

ABQ Albuquerque

ATL Atlanta

AUS Austin

BFL Bakersfield

BWI Baltimore

BTR Baton Rouge

BHM Birmingham (US)

BOS Boston

BUR Burbank

BTV Burlington (US) VT

CUN Cancun

CLT Charlotte

MDW Chicago

ORD Chicago

CVG Cincinnati

CLE Cleveland

COS Colorado Springs

CMH Columbus (US) OH

CRP Corpus Christi

CUR Curacao

DFW Dallas/Fort Worth

DEN Denver

DTW Detroit

DLH Duluth/Superior

ELP El Paso

FLL Fort Lauderdale

GTF Great Falls

GDL Guadalajara

BDL Hartford

HOU Houston

IAH Houston

IND Indianapolis

ZIH Ixtapa/Zihatanejo

JAX Jacksonville (US) FL

OAJ Jacksonville (US) NC

MCI Kansas City

LAN Lansing

LAS Las Vegas

ISP Long Island Macarthur

LAX Los Angeles

SDF Louisville

LBB Lubbock

MSN Madison

MHT Manchester (US)

MLB Melbourne (US)

MEM Memphis

TLC Mexico City

MIA Miami

MAF Midland/Odessa

MKE Milwaukee

MSP Minneapolis/St. Paul

MOT Minot

MOB Mobile

MTY Monterrey

YUL Montreal

MSY New Orleans

EWR New York

JFK New York

LGA New York

ORF Norfolk

OAK Oakland

OKC Oklahoma City

OMA Omaha

ONT Ontario

MCO Orlando

PHL Philadelphia

PHX Phoenix

PIT Pittsburgh

PVD Providence

RDU Raleigh/Durham

RNO Reno

SMF Sacramento

SLC Salt Lake City

SAT San Antonio (US)

SAN San Diego

SFO San Francisco

SJC San Jose (US)

SRQ Sarasota/Bradenton

SEA Seattle

FSD Sioux Falls

STL St. Louis (US)

SYR Syracuse

TPA Tampa

YYZ Toronto

TUS Tucson

DCA Washington

IAD Washington

Non-Stop Cities

Non-stop Markets

Airport Code City Name

ATL Atlanta

AUS Austin

BWI Baltimore

BHM Birmingham (US)

BOS Boston

CUN Cancun

CLT Charlotte

MDW Chicago

ORD Chicago

CVG Cincinnati

CLE Cleveland

CMH Columbus (US) OH

DFW Dallas/Fort Worth

DEN Denver

DTW Detroit

FLL Fort Lauderdale

BDL Hartford

HOU Houston

IAH Houston

JAX Jacksonville (US) FL

MCI Kansas City

LAS Las Vegas

LAX Los Angeles

MEM Memphis

MIA Miami

MKE Milwaukee

MSP Minneapolis/St. Paul

MSY New Orleans

EWR New York

JFK New York

LGA New York

OAK Oakland

ONT Ontario

MCO Orlando

PHL Philadelphia

PHX Phoenix

PIT Pittsburgh

PVD Providence

RDU Raleigh/Durham

SLC Salt Lake City

SAT San Antonio (US)

SAN San Diego

SEA Seattle

STL St. Louis (US)

TPA Tampa

YYZ Toronto

DCA Washington

IAD Washington

Edited by Lexy

And where is Minot?

Minot is in North Dakota (about 50 miles from Canada) and has a significant Air Force base there. Some of Nashville's Air Guard were stationed there

On a sad note, my sympathy goes out to the families of the plane crash in Lexington, Ky today

Curacao? Guadalajara? Ixtapa? Have we always had a flight to Mexico City? And where is Minot?

I realize what has happened. There is a list of direct flight cities and another shorter list of non-stop cities. Evidently, you can fly to some of these cities direct (without having to change planes) but NOT non-stop. The flight stops in another city and then continues on to cities like Curacao, Etc. The only non-stop flights to international destinations are to Toronto and Cancun.

I noticed there now is a non-stop flight to Salt Lake City. That's new. I always thought there should be non-stop Nashville - Salt Lake City service. Does anyone know which airline is offering that flight?

Edited by Hankster