Cullman

kayman

Article from The Birmingham News

Since Cullman is part of the Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman CSA and part of Birmingham's axis of influence, I posted the story here. It talks about how Cullman is starting to develop a downtown loft district and wants to continue to expand this. It also talks about how Cullman County is home to 78,000 residents and is steady growing with over 10% of growth in the past decade. It wouldn't surprise me if Cullman is over 100,000 in the 2010 Census. It seems like the growth north of Birmingham is starting to occur. Even though Cullman is about half way between Birmingham and Huntsville/Decatur, it gravitates towards Birmingham via being part its television market area and now being part of its CSA. Eventually, I could see the Cullman to Birmingham cooridor along I-65 connect with urbanization, but that's at least another 50 years from now.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived