Salt Lake City World Trade Center:25-30 story proposal

viperlord

details are still emerging on this project.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/185454/

The trade group is now considering proposals from three developers for the construction of a 25-30 story, 450,000-square-foot Class A office building in downtown Salt Lake City. The building could house the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce, the state Office of Economic Development, a branch of the U.S. Department of Commerce and other businesses.

and then another article from Wednesday, May 24, 2006

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/179994/3/

"The World Trade Center is about networking, reciprocity, getting Utah on the map," Sunderlage said. "Our vision is to build a 400,000-square-foot to 700,000-square-foot center in Salt Lake City, which would have conference rooms, restaurants, a library, and a private club. ... We're now in the final stages of our search for a president."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viperlord, do you think this will get built? I don't yet know that much about SLC but it seems pretty solid, in it's growth, and in it's new construction. I am eager to see what happens with this. The current tallest in the city is Wells Fargo, this one could be taller.

it seems like this is going to go. They were looking at putting the WTC in the hamilton partners tower earlier this year, but it sounds like they are looking at their own tower. This Utah Trade Orginization has been in the making for about a year or so now. The articles claim that as soon as they pay the orginization fee, and they get a CEO they can start construction. They recently named their CEO just the other day. so one step closer. I am unsure if they have paid the orginizations fee yet. But i would assume that they have.

Salt Lake City tends to be behind the nation in growth. We see growth spurts usually a few years after the nation sees theirs. However our building spurts stay strong even after the nations have cooled. So, in other words we have the same length of building spurts, they just come a little later than when other places begin theirs. It takes a while for things to get kick started in this state.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard of this--I've been seeing a lot of articles lately suggesting that Salt Lake's Class A office space is at capacity, and they really need some more buildings....I'd love to see this go through. Wonder where they'd put it--goodness knows there's plenty of room down there.

Surface parking lots. FEH!

• 2 months later...

Here is the latest update on that WTC proposal. As of 10/19/06

http://www.connect-utah.com/article.asp?r=...id=48&sid=1

WTC Utah hopes to have its own building as soon as possible. The board is milling over plans for a 30-story, 450,000-square-foot office complex in downtown Salt Lake City. Ideally, the building would also house the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce, the Governor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived