Trader Joe's

nyxmike

It's about time a "nice" chain found its way to the Mallard Creek area. The demographics and incomes are comparable to Ballantyne. Now, if only a few Johnson & Wales grads would open some nice restaurants in the area..... I mean, some of those nail salons & subway shops are destined to close given the incredible amounts of competition in the area.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think they would want to be in a close in neighborhood....but I would think its much more expensive these days to find a large enough space in Dilworth or Elizabeth for example. I think they will get into central Charlotte eventually, so single people like me who are clueless about cooking can grab n go at Trader Joe's :)

You would think they would want to be in a close in neighborhood....but I would think its much more expensive these days to find a large enough space in Dilworth or Elizabeth for example. I think they will get into central Charlotte eventually, so single people like me who are clueless about cooking can grab n go at Trader Joe's :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I made the drive down from the Lake today for our cases of 2 buck chuck - which, by the way, outside of California is actually 3 buck chuck (exporting costs). This place was a ZOO! Even three days into opening, not a parking spot to be found and it was almost impossible to shop for anything. 30 minute lines from the registers down the isles. But I am home now with 3 dollar wine! Hell yes.

It's crazy how "small the world" feels sometimes. I just moved to downtown St. Louis from UNCC for my first career job after graduating this May. Less than a week after I was here, Wachovia acquired AG Edwards.

Trader Joe's very quickly became my favorite grocer here, and now they're moving to Charlotte. Awesome. They really do have a unique and broad selection of stuff. Most of you Charlotte UPers who aren't yet familiar with it will surely fall in love with it fast. ;-)

This article http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...s.525c7bb0.html even talks about the poor planning of the shopping center. I can't believe how they could have not anticipated the frenzy this store would bring.. I mean the parking lot at Shops at Piper Glen used to be larger and then they went ahead and built a CVS and Starbucks in the middle of the parking lot! Who's crazy idea was that. So anyway now they ask employees to park up at Calvary Church. I wonder if any Trader Joe's has seen this kind of mad rush before.

Archived