Moore Square Farmers Market

DanRNC

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is one of the best things to be proposed for downtown in some time. There is no downtown grocery right now (correct?) and this can help the growing downtown residential population shop on foot.

Also, Moore Square can certainly use more programming of activities to help improve the safety (perceived and real) of that public space. Let's hope that 1-2 years from now, this market runs until early evening (6:30-7 pm).

Now will the downtown market draw some people that attends the state farmers market? will it be unique than what is offered there?

Moore Square seems to be the park with a lot of programming being developed for it. Seems like Raleigh needs to develop some more urban parks for other activites and events. And will there ever be a use for the vast green lawn at the government center complex?

You know what would be really cool... is if they took out that grass and put in the world's largest display of upward pointing thumbtacks.

LOL surrounded by razor wire and sprinkled with shards of glass.

I have a question - the little farmers market thing next to Big Ed's - is this an expanded version of that? Seems like it would put a dent in their business.

I stop by there all the time for fresh veggies before dinner.

BTW I peeked in the windows at Capital City Grocery at seaboard last week - they have a loooong way to go. The walk in coolers are in, but there is still ductwork and conduit all over the floor waiting for installation. I would guess September to open.

Galatea's sign is up, not sure about Red's Beach music opening but their sign is up also.

Archived