Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Walked and drove around town yesterday and today. Here's a few photos.

Picture027.jpg

I think he was getting a ticket for that stupid-ass hat.

Picture030.jpg

HG Hill market was really busy around 1:00 or so yesterday. I took this while stuck in traffic around 3:30.

Picture035.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture058.jpg

The Pentagon, er, the Icon (this thing is gonna be huge)

Picture080.jpg

Nissan headquarters underway. Kind of an interesting project with the three immense concrete pylon things and the steel frame going up in between. I got a better look at it this morning on northbound 65.

Picture061.jpg

Here's some photos of the Brownstones in Franklin, I think I remember somebody expressing some interest regarding those.

Looking down 2nd ave back towards downtown.

Picture063.jpg

From the same corner looking the other way, one of many very pretty streets in Franktown, Tenny.

Picture062.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

These sit directly across Church St.

Picture075.jpg

Great pictures Nashvillain! I love the first one, and I really like the Franklin brownstones.

Same here. Wow. Those are some great looking structures. What's more is that they ACTUALLY look old, as opposed to those fake stucco suburban-looking structures that get thrown up so often. Great shots.

Almost commonplace? Just for fun, I did a realtor.com search for 4 areas, and here's what I came up with as current listings.

My starting price was $1,000,000 minimum. And they went way up from there.

Belle Meade: 46 properties $1m and up

Green Hills (37215): 66 properties $1m and up

...and hold on to your hats:

Brentwood: 112 properties $1m and up

Franklin: 97 properties $1m and up.

So, in just those 4 areas, today, there are 321 mostly single family homes for sale which start at $1,000,000.

The most expensive I found in Brentwood was this cute little 21,000 sq. footer with 28 rooms on the pond for $7.9m. Sorry, but I don't want to vaccum a 40x20 living room. Lordy. Governor's Club...natch.

Wish I could find it again, but a couple of years ago I saw a list of metro areas and the number of million dollar homes in each. I remember Nashville had 2 to 3 times as many as Memphis or Charlotte.

There are a lot of conspicuous displays of wealth around here.

Edited by PHofKS

According to a Wikipedia article, Highest income counties in the U.S., 2000 census figures rank Williamson County as the 27th wealthiest per capita in the U.S. The only county in the state to place in the top 100. I've heard it placed in the top 10 or so more recently but I can't offer up any sources. Another google search listed Belle Meade as the 27th (coincidence?) richest "place" in the U.S. regardless of population. With an average income of $104,908 (!) and a population of 2,943. That's certainly more impressive, statistically speaking than, say, #3 Baker, Missouri, income $182,000 pop. 5.

There's a new 3/4 view rendering of the Rhythm/Music Row tower (at least I hadn't seen it) which shows a significant set back of the tower portion that I was not aware of. You can catch a brief glimpse of the rendering while the webpage loads, rhythmnashville. Or you can see it in an ad in the real estate section of today's City Paper.

I think it looks decent but does anyone have any idea what the two window-like sections flanking the central window over the main street-level entrance are? In the plan, it looks like it's clad in shutters but in the overhead rendering it looks like some brown marble-like surface or maybe jello-pudding.

Edited by Nashvillain

There's a new 3/4 view rendering of the Rhythm/Music Row tower (at least I hadn't seen it) which shows a significant set back of the tower portion that I was not aware of. You can catch a brief glimpse of the rendering while the webpage loads, rhythmnashville. Or you can see it in an ad in the real estate section of today's City Paper.

I think it looks decent but does anyone have any idea what the two window-like sections flanking the central window over the main street-level entrance are? In the plan, it looks like it's clad in shutters but in the overhead rendering it looks like some brown marble-like surface or maybe jello-pudding.

It looks like they are murals or something to that effect. :mellow:

Wish I could find it again, but a couple of years ago I saw a list of metro areas and the number of million dollar homes in each. I remember Nashville had 2 to 3 times as many as Memphis or Charlotte.

There are a lot of conspicuous displays of wealth around here.

Here are some current figures based on a search on Realtor.com this afternoon. I searched for single family homes and condos for sale at $1,000,000 or more in each city and its nearby areas. I calculated a percentage based on the number for sale at $1,000,000 or more to the total number of single family homes and condos for sale. The cities are ranked from highest percentage to lowest:

Nashville - 380/7,923 - 4.8%

Austin - 409/12,291 - 3.3%

Atlanta - 1,614/52,057 - 3.1%

Charlotte - 517/19,599 - 2.6%

St. Louis - 292/11,289 - 2.6%

Raleigh - 212/10,758 - 2.0%

Birmingham - 137/8,896 - 1.5%

Memphis - 152/13,435 - 1.1%

Louisville - 85/8,867 - 1.0%

Here are some current figures based on a search on Realtor.com this afternoon. I searched for single family homes and condos for sale at $1,000,000 or more in each city and its nearby areas. I calculated a percentage based on the number for sale at $1,000,000 or more to the total number of single family homes and condos for sale. The cities are ranked from highest percentage to lowest:

Nashville - 380/7,923 - 4.8%

Austin - 409/12,291 - 3.3%

Atlanta - 1,614/52,057 - 3.1%

Charlotte - 517/19,599 - 2.6%

St. Louis - 292/11,289 - 2.6%

Raleigh - 212/10,758 - 2.0%

Birmingham - 137/8,896 - 1.5%

Memphis - 152/13,435 - 1.1%

Louisville - 85/8,867 - 1.0%

These numbers for Nashville are not correct. The actual numbers (from the MLS) are:

472/14,206 - 3.3%

Don't remember anyone mentioning this, but the old Fuddrucker's site has been fenced off and they have dug down probably about as far as they will need to (I can't remember exactly the plans for that building). They will probably be starting some construction of the building soon.

Also, I saw a commercial for the car dealership right there at the Broadway/WE split and they flash an "artist rendering" of their new addition on there. It looks about standard for those dealerships, but at least it should be more than an open parking lot.

yeah I remembered what was going in, just couldn't remember if it was having some underground parking or what...I thought it was all located behind. I was just wondering about the small amount of excavation they had done.

Amazing how fast things pop up when you aren't seeing them on a regular basis. Suntrust amazes me that it is that far along. I do have some hope for street level at Suntrust with the Panera and whatever else will be there. It will provide a little bit of a connection for activity between the convention center area and down around 2nd ave. I used to walk that a lot from hume-fogg down to SATCO for lunch and that little stretch seemed neglected with parking lots on both sides, so this is a nice addition.

A couple of links on proposed projects:

High density (93 homes and retail on 7 acres) near I-440 and Franklin Road (in Melrose)...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...6/1196/COUNTY01

And new phases of the project at Wedgewood and Eighth Ave. south (also in Melrose) including Glass Factory Lofts...

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...5/1196/COUNTY01

I'll be coming up to Nashville in the next few weeks, and I think I'll even have a couple of hours to take a spin around town. Sounds like there is much to see.

I'll be coming up to Nashville in the next few weeks, and I think I'll even have a couple of hours to take a spin around town. Sounds like there is much to see.

If you happen to be here on Saturday, April 7th i would suggest you hook up with the Nashville forum meet at Provence Coffee shop next to the Nashville Public Library on Church Street. We'll be meeting there at 10:00 AM. We would love to have you there.