Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Ingram said:

Why would anyone think this building is finished? Where is the common sense? Anyone with a pair of eyes can see they are still working on it. If you look at the right side of the building you can see a scaffold and three columns of dark tint in two different shades.

Why all of the hysterical hissyfitting?

It makes you wonder about certain people.

You seem like a fun person to talk to.

1) Some of us don't make it downtown so we have to rely on photos. Nothing has changed from the photos I have seen, and isn't it supposed to open in the Fall?

2) I guess I need a new phone because I can't see the details of said dark tint. But I also am looking at the photos on an old iPhone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram said:

Why would anyone think this building is finished? Where is the common sense? Anyone with a pair of eyes can see they are still working on it. If you look at the right side of the building you can see a scaffold and three columns of dark tint in two different shades.

So tell us what else they're going to do to the windows.

2 hours ago, Ingram said:

David Chase is that you?

Ok after reading Ingram's comment I decided to check the photo out on a computer and it does look like the windows around the aqua portion of the building are a darker tint?? So maybe there is some hope!!! I don't know why that step would not be done till the end though? I would have thought they would apply tint when manufacturing the windows. It seems like coming back to tint everything would be expensive. That being said, like Jon Snow, "I know nothing" about this topic. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SoundScan said:

The tinting is already complete. The suspended scaffold is there for the installation of the horizontal accent trim--notice how it is incomplete from the scaffold up to the roof on the right side.

So...the in the photo in question there is already tinting in the windows?  

You can tell that the center section is blue but after looking at the picture closely, I wonder if it really is complete? If you look at the the panes that go all the way the far right corner you can see they don't look transparent like the rest of the windows. These panes were installed last so maybe the rest will be tinted to look like this column. I agree though that it seems odd this wouldn't have been done at the factory. Cost measure perhaps? Who knows. 

image.png

8 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

^^^^ this is what I was talking about in my post above.  This looks more like the rendering. I don't see them leaving the rest of the windows the way that they are. Just doesn't make sense. 

So...maybe we all jumped to conclusions a little early? :blush::rofl:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andrew_3289 said:

Snapped a photo from the top of 33rd ave after eating at Bro's Cajun Cuisine 

That's one of my favorite vantages in the city. I want to go on top of the (cell?) tower that is up there. That would be perfect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

It looks to me like those rooms just don't have curtains yet.  I mean, you can see the wall inside, why wouldn't you be able to see the curtains if they were there?

Obviously renderings do not always translate well to the final product....but imagine if every single room had the curtains closed....the middle portion of the tower would look a bit different from the sides.

Personally, I think they just went a few shades to "clear" with the glass on the sides. And maybe the middle, too. I think the end product will look *similar* to the rendering....but only in the right conditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

It looks to me like those rooms just don't have curtains yet.  I mean, you can see the wall inside, why wouldn't you be able to see the curtains if they were there?

You can see the walls? On the three panes on the far right side of the building that go all the way up? They look reflective. 

• Like 2