Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...I don't understand spending $100 Million and leaving something to look unfinished or halfway done.

I agree. I know it's always a money issue but good lord you would think a glass wall to match the windows to at least cover up all the A/C units sitting at the edge of the building. I think it ruins the look of the building.......and then there is the Westin. I am still holding out hope for it.

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 2

Besides the Vendome, look at all that was lost on that one block alone!    What is the magnificent Romanesque building with clocktower just to the east of the theater?    Pretty sure it predates my arrival in Nashville in the early '80s. 

Then there is the Sudekum building and Tennessee Theater visible in the next block.   Another shameful loss.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Besides the Vendome, look at all that was lost on that one block alone!    What is the magnificent Romanesque building with clocktower just to the east of the theater?    Pretty sure it predates my arrival in Nashville in the early '80s. 

Then there is the Sudekum building and Tennessee Theater visible in the next block.   Another shameful loss.   

That magnificent towered building was the old Watkins Building. It was demolished and replaced with the non-descript (ugly) "new" Watkins Building around the '50s or early '60s. That was later demolished for the present library.

1 minute ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

That magnificent towered building was the old Watkins Building. It was demolished and replaced with the non-descript (ugly) "new" Watkins Building around the '50s or early '60s. That was later demolished for the present library.

Thanks FMDJ.   Makes me sad.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nashtitans said:

Yea Nashville's a real pretty city. Reminds me of Cincinnati and Austin. Not trying to derail this thread but when I went hiking I just had realization of how nice the city is. First pic was taken in Franklin and second at Luke lea heights.

f85c20856a34305063e535758d2a18b1.jpg

This is Fall Creek Falls, not Franklin.