Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

15 hours ago, Cliffdweller said:

This is my neighborhood.  You really can't believe this view, as it goes on FOREVER.  The pics really don't do it justice, but thank you so much for the post anyway.  Take a drive up to Summit sometime and check it out.  There are views of downtown throughout the city, but like some of the friends and neighbors around here say, not THAT view...  And don't forget to take a little drive down Clarksville Highway.  Literally The Wizard of OZ. 

You're welcome and you are so right, the pictures do not do the view justice.  Just the best I could do from a phone camera and the limited amount of time I had on hand before heading to the airport.  I used to live in Bordeaux in the Enchanted Hills area and I worked in Metro Center, so I used to see this view every single day when I lived in Nashville.  I often wished that Northwest Davidson County would eventually be developed the way it deserves to be.  It is still lagging behind.  But their are rumblings of some development taking place.  So, there's hope....

On 12/9/2016 at 2:18 PM, titanhog said:

I guess it will be like restaurants that sell "Philly" sandwiches all over the place.  Most of them aren't as good as what you get in Philly.

I've got to disagree here. I know it's a matter of personal taste, but every "steak" I had in Philly was terrible compared to anywhere else. That nasty cheese whiz they put on them is awful, the beef is typically dry and if you ask for mayonnaise, they nearly crucify you. 

36 minutes ago, nashvillwill said:

I've got to disagree here. I know it's a matter of personal taste, but every "steak" I had in Philly was terrible compared to anywhere else. That nasty cheese whiz they put on them is awful, the beef is typically dry and if you ask for mayonnaise, they nearly crucify you. 

I've never actually had one, so I was just going on what I've heard others say.  Sounds nasty, though. 

6 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

Oh man, I couldn't disagree more.  It lived up to the hype and then some, for me.  Granted, I've only ever had them at Jim's Steaks, but I found them to incredibly delicious!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

You're obviously getting them at the wrong places! And go for provolone instead of whiz. ;)