Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

That view on the OneCity cam is really cool. I sometimes look at it and imagine some of the proposed towers that would fill this in even more, giving Nashville on heck of a skyline. But I have a feeling that professional photographers would still snap their skyline shots from the opposite side of the river, getting Batman to UBS, the same skyline since 1994.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Philip said:

That view on the OneCity cam is really cool. I sometimes look at it and imagine some of the proposed towers that would fill this in even more, giving Nashville on heck of a skyline. But I have a feeling that professional photographers would still snap their skyline shots from the opposite side of the river, getting Batman to UBS, the same skyline since 1994.

Yeah...the one angle that looks like Batman is our only downtown building.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

The Adventure Science Center cam has swung more into SoBro... now includes the BWSC building under construction and very visible.

Smart decision, now I don't have to look at the westin. Is there an observation deck there that would let me take a picture with the same view? I tried to go to Fort Negley years ago but the trees blocked any view of downtown. 

Edited by bigeasy

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

Smart decision, now I don't have to look at the westin. Is there an observation deck there that would let me take a picture with the same view? I tried to go to Fort Negley years ago but the trees blocked any view of downtown. 

But we can't see the JWM going up with this angle.  Oh the problems a stretching skyline presents! ;)

2 hours ago, PHofKS said:

As I drove I-24 to the Shelby Street exit last night, I could see how the rising skyline of SoBro is making an incredible transformation to the overall skyline and has nearly doubled its length and scope. When development jumps KVB with all the proposed 20+ story hotels, the view from the east will be jaw dropping. Hopefully, some prime photo location will be found or created to incorporate that into a future skyline view with all of SoBro and the lighted bridges.

To me, right after you make "trucker's curve" and you're about parallel to PSC Metals while on I-24 and look to downtown, that's a magnificent view and perfect photo op.  However...I've yet to figure out how anyone can get that shot.  I've used Google Maps to travel all of the streets in that area, searching for a suitable location, but nothing is as elevated as the interstate.  I think the only option would be to stand near Davidson Road with a drone.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigeasy said:

With the recent clearance of the hill, you might try again to see if there's a better view of the downtown now.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2017 at 8:22 AM, markhollin said:

Looking north from The Pinnacle:

Downtown north from Pinnacle X.jpg

Imagine the impact the River North project would have on this picture if built to fruition as envisioned.  Then imagine the east bank lined with multiple 15, 20, and 30+ story buildings.  That would be jaw dropping for those of us hoping for major development and transformation along the east bank.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

In this shot from Music City Aerial, you can see the former Landport just to the left (west) of Cummins Station that Zach Liff just purchased from Metro.  So curious about what his long term plans will be for that site, as well as the huge surface lot just to the north (the former Union Station Train Shed site), on the other side of the Demonbreun Viaduct.  Two premier pieces of real estate with tremendous long-term potential.

Both will remain parking for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. The landport will see upgrades to allow for additional capacity in preparation for additional development south of Cummins Station, surrounding the base of the pedestrian bridge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Both will remain parking for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. The landport will see upgrades to allow for additional capacity in preparation for additional development south of Cummins Station, surrounding the base of the pedestrian bridge.

So is that Landport parking area mostly empty these days? If it doesn't develop in the short term, maybe use the top open-air level for a food truck court and a small farmers market on the weekends. It could add a bit to the walkability of the neighborhood, especially with all the hotels popping up a block away.

• Like 3