Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

46 minutes ago, UTgrad09 said:

Some skyline shots I took today:

31657341973_626b6f446b_k.jpg

Once Bridgestone, JW, & 505 are completed, this will be the best vantage of our fair city. 505 will give us a little taper. I also like that the MCC is in the foreground from this point of view.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 1

Just now, claya91 said:

Once Bridgestone, JW, & 505 are completed, this will be the best vantage of our fair city. 505 will the provide a little taper to the left and right. 

Cambria should be noticeable...at least until the Embassy Suites/Curio is completed...and 5th + Broad should be quite prominent as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

Was he British and named Flashman?

Ha!  No.  He was a certain Lt. Lippard who served with the Virginia Cavalry (I don't recall which regiment) before being captured at Antietam.  He later reappeared as a soldier for the Union.  First Volunteer Infantry, I think.  I need to dig out my notes sometime and check the details.

11 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Ha!  No.  He was a certain Lt. Lippard who served with the Virginia Cavalry (I don't recall which regiment) before being captured at Antietam.  He later reappeared as a soldier for the Union.  First Volunteer Infantry, I think.  I need to dig out my notes sometime and check the details.

Wow!  My great grandfather actually fought for an Indiana regiment at Antietam (lost two fingers on his left hand during the battle).  Was injured during the fight for Bloody Lane.