Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Additionally, while somewhat underwhelming, the 222 building stretches the skyline "East" in that first photo by @bigeasy.  It also looks pretty good in the second photo with SoBro, BS, Pinnacle, and poor little Encore.  Looks like the JW will fill in between Westin and Snodgrass.  Pretty impressive past few years Nashville.

As mentioned in another thread, I would like to see the growth become "smarter" instead of simply fast.  I think we will see a slight slowdown, but Nashville is at the point of no return.  The snowball cannot be stopped.  Hopefully in the absorption period we will get some better designs and construction quality with the "flippers" not as involved.  Even with a slowdown, this is definitely not the peak.  I just don't think it will be as steep a curve, which I see as a good thing.  To step back and breath a little.  However, this will definitely not end anytime soon.  Still have the old convention center, which I feel will definitely be a reality.  This will also be a huge game changer.  Another BS arena and MCC ripple effect.

Nashville is desperately needing a least 1 grocery store (I could see it supporting 2-3 pretty soon; Whole Foods, Target, and Publix) in the inner loop and core.  Definitely needs a few urban CVS and Walgreens.  Then maybe (over the next decade) I could see a Walmart Marketplace and/or Dollar General Marketplace.  Finally, I think Nashville needs and could benefit with a nice retail center.  Nashville will be somewhat complete, IMO, except for some transit development.

I see 5th and Broad completing the "urban/big city necessities" if it brings the retail center and a grocery/marketplace.  However, I do feel the other megasites will eventually be completed (several decades out) as well since the snowball will keep on rolling down.

Of course this is just speculation on my part and could fall apart.  However, I don't see much of a slowdown unless Nashville just becomes ridiculously pricey.  At the moment Nashville is pretty darn pricey and people keep moving here.  People also still live in Cal, NY, and South Florida too.  Sooooo pricey!  I really have a hard time coping with Nashville's growth sometimes!!

• Like 4

^^I really think 5th & Broad, Nashville Yards, The Tennessean property and Endeavor will eventually "check mark" most of downtown's missing perks...like grocery, retail, movie theater and other entertainment venues that we don't have.  The next 10 years could take Nashville to a level we can't even imagine.

Btw...I'm not crazy about what all is surrounding the MCC.  We have a huge, nearly walled-off MCC...and we're basically building nothing but hotels on all sides.  I realize we need the hotel space, but I wish there was a little more of a mix of hotels, offices, retail and entertainment just to make sure we don't turn Demonbreun / KVB into a convention area only.  

I'm also hopeful they'll start demanding some high quality construction south of KVB.  With that area from KVB to I-40, why not insist on a high-quality mixed-use neighborhood?

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, timmay143 said:

Additionally, while somewhat underwhelming, the 222 building stretches the skyline "East" in that first photo by @bigeasy.  It also looks pretty good in the second photo with SoBro, BS, Pinnacle, and poor little Encore.  Looks like the JW will fill in between Westin and Snodgrass.  Pretty impressive past few years Nashville.

FWIW, the Rolling Mill Hill project will stretch it even further east.

Gonna have to start calling this place Nashcouver

Edited by claya91
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

When all these towers get finished, the top picture Andrew_3289 posted should be Nashville's new Wikipedia picture.

As much as I like the perspective from the south, I still believe the river should be the main focal point. It distinguishes us from other booming metros like Charlotte, Raleigh or Atlanta.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 2