Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

So what and where is that last photo?I

It was a neighborhood in the West End area, there were also more homes like that in the area, very cool. I love that part of town.

Great photos, Chris. Seems like you're really enjoying your new camera, hopefully you'll stay on it and maybe you can quit your job and just take pictures full time.

Ha, Ha I wish I could!!!

Thanks!! Everybody!! for the kind words, it was very cold when I took these pics. :cold: I would have taken more but my battery died. And O, I will be at the Pinnacle site at least once a week to take pics of the construction progress. It will depend on my hours at my job.

That's awesome. I miss not having a live camera to view the progress there like we had with the Viridian. I look forward to seeing "the progress".

If I may make a request, I would like to see some HDR shots of the city. I was going to try and make one myself but I discovered that my camera only has semi-manual exposure settings. Blast! Ill understand if no one can do it but a well done HDR photo can yeild some eye-popping results and would make a smashing photo for the city page! I would link to some examples here but I'm on my cell and it doesn't have a copy/paste feature. Just google image search HDR hong kong and it will list some fantastic examples. Again, this is only a request.

What you need to take an HDR photograph:

-a digital camera with MANUAL exposure/shutter speed control.

-an HDR imaging program. Photoshop CS2 is capable of HDR processing and is the best choice. If you dont have this, you can download free HDR imaging programs such as photomatix (I think that ones free) on the web.

-a tripod. Well not necessarally but it sure helps.

It's probably best to look up a tutorial but the basic steps are:

1)take your shot at multiple exposure settings from low to high. The more, the better. (this is why the tripod comes in handy. You can't move the camera at all between shots.)

2)load the images into your HDR imaging program in which case it will "merge" all of the images into one HDR image.

3)adjust the controls until you are satisfied with the results. It will render the image. The rendered image won't look like much yet but that's because the image is 64 bits and your moniter isn't capable of displaying a 64 bit image in all of its glory.

3)downconvert the image into a 16 bit image. This should make the image look marvolous.

4)save the final product.

Again, I recommend looking up a real tutorial because there is more to it if you want to REALLY make it look good.

Edited by Nashville_maestro

Looks like they're almost at street level with the pinnacle. That's going to be such a cool building. I dont know if anyone has had the chance to see 1180 peachtree down in atlanta (brought to you by the same firm that's doing the pinnacle) but its a magnificent building. While the pinnacle isn't quite as tall, I think the design is better than 1180 peachtree. Can't wait to see this one finished!

Looks like they're almost at street level with the pinnacle. That's going to be such a cool building. I dont know if anyone has had the chance to see 1180 peachtree down in atlanta (brought to you by the same firm that's doing the pinnacle) but its a magnificent building. While the pinnacle isn't quite as tall, I think the design is better than 1180 peachtree. Can't wait to see this one finished!

I know I can't wait either. There was about 30+ workers at the site yeasterday. This tower should start to rise very soon.

it's about as close to downtown on the east bank of the river as any development will be. If you cross over one of the bridges from downtown (I can never remember which is which) then you pass by Titans stadium and all that surrounds it, then you pass the downtown interstate loop and this project sits right there on the corner. So it is positioned right outside the downtown loop on the east bank of the river.

It'd be great if someone could get a good picture of what type of views these units will have...I would imagine they will be pretty nice.

it's about as close to downtown on the east bank of the river as any development will be. If you cross over one of the bridges from downtown (I can never remember which is which) then you pass by Titans stadium and all that surrounds it, then you pass the downtown interstate loop and this project sits right there on the corner. So it is positioned right outside the downtown loop on the east bank of the river.

It'd be great if someone could get a good picture of what type of views these units will have...I would imagine they will be pretty nice.

That is going outbound across James Robertson which turns into Main. I am like you, cant remember the name of the bridge. It seems as if they have names for all of the bridges that no one really pays attention to. Gateway Bridge=Korean Veterans bridge, Woodland St Bridge= ??.

Here is the web site. Click on views at the top to get an idea of what the views will look like.

http://www.5andm.com/