Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

This might be a dumb question, but where/ what city are these cranes located? I just moved here and haven't learned all the nicknames for parts of cities here yet. Thanks.

Welcome to the Nashville forum, although I'm not a resident of Music City myself. Where did you move from?

This might be a dumb question, but where/ what city are these cranes located? I just moved here and haven't learned all the nicknames for parts of cities here yet. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum as well. Try to make the forum meet tomorrow and I am sure you will be flooded with info.

If you need directions just post and ask on the forum meet thread pinned at the top of the page.

FYI: I was driving down 12th Ave South today, and on a corner lot that currently is home to a used car lot (a couple of blocks south of Portland Brew), there was a zoning admendment sign on the property saying the owners were going to ask for a skyplane variance. I'm guessing this is to amend the maximum height of whatever might be built there but was unsure. I've heard nothing else about the property. Anyone with more info?

Nice! We should compare this one to the one Lexy took awhile back. I think a big difference is the Adelicia.

Here's the one I was talking about that Lexy took. Great shot back in Dec. of 2006. You have to scroll down a little to get the pic on this link:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Updated-...l=downtown+pics

Edited by timmay143

I thought the crane in background across Harding Rd. was for the first phase of the Hill Center Belle Meade anchored by a Publix supermarket -- it has only recently begun construction.

Not aware of the Shops at St Thomas project, perhaps it has something to do with the planned demolition of the old Imperial House high-rise apt bldg owned by St Thomas.

The Manning project entrance is on Woodmont Blvd. Perhaps the Belle Meade Plaza shopping center (Kroger Fresh Fare) will soon be renovated or re-worked to compete with the new stores.

Valuable, increasingly dense development is really changing Belle Meade.

The Manning project entrance is on Woodmont Blvd. Perhaps the Belle Meade Plaza shopping center (Kroger Fresh Fare) will soon be renovated or re-worked to compete with the new stores.

I assume that a crane or other large equipment has not yet been parked at the future location of the Manning, but I know from the maps where it will go. So look at the very first picture above and imagine you're standing exactly where the photog stood to take that pic.

Now look beyond the building under construction (BM Court) and across the street where that 1980's faux-colonial brick building is. When the Manning gets started, I'm pretty sure you will be able to see the crane above that 1980's building across the street from the Belle Meade Court. I'm not 100% sure, but at least 80% sure. At 10-stories tall, the Manning should be visible from that vantage point.

Now that I look at the photos again, I'd expect the Manning to be more visible in the second photo than in the first b/c the first is taken so close to the BM Court.

Edited by ATLBrain

Yes, the second photo would give a better vantage of the Manning and from what I understand, it is on the same side of the street with the Belle Meade. No equipment on site nor has there been any groundbreaking yet. This is a hot area for sure, but they are going to have to do something about the traffic flow.

ok, quick question. Who is developing The Manning? Being lazy here I know

Here is a link to the web site. BTW, The Manning has broken ground and there is a fence around the project. This will be on the same street as the Belle Meade Court at the corner of Woodmont and Ridgeway. I think that is the name of the cross street.

http://www.manningbellemeade.com/site/news/

Here is a link to the web site. BTW, The Manning has broken ground and there is a fence around the project. This will be on the same street as the Belle Meade Court at the corner of Woodmont and Ridgeway. I think that is the name of the cross street.

http://www.manningbellemeade.com/site/news/

I am pretty certain that the Manning will have its only entrance on Woodmont Blvd. I dont believe there is a rear entry planned from Kenner Ave.

The Belle Meade Court condos is at the corner of Kenner Ave & Ridgefield Dr., not Woodmont Blvd.

Yes, the second photo would give a better vantage of the Manning and from what I understand, it is on the same side of the street with the Belle Meade. No equipment on site nor has there been any groundbreaking yet. This is a hot area for sure, but they are going to have to do something about the traffic flow.

I seem to remember reading about a traffic plan several years ago. It had something like access roads between St. Thomas Hospital and the Woodmont/White Bridge intersection with Harding Rd., and either 1 or two smaller bridges over a pass-thru Harding Rd.. The bridge(s) would extend from the BM Town Center to the H.G. Hill SC. I think!!! Anyone else have the scoop?

I seem to remember reading about a traffic plan several years ago. It had something like access roads between St. Thomas Hospital and the Woodmont/White Bridge intersection with Harding Rd., and either 1 or two smaller bridges over a pass-thru Harding Rd.. The bridge(s) would extend from the BM Town Center to the H.G. Hill SC. I think!!! Anyone else have the scoop?

The last I heard was that Kenner was going to cul-de-sac at the entrances to the Belle Meade Court and office tower parking garages. This was being done to remove the Kenner/Harding intersection so left turns from White Bridge Road onto Harding could empty. The WBR and Kenner lights are just too close to each other now. I wish I could be sure that will still happen.

There will be a new road coming off of White Bridge Road from the other side of the tracks and will provide access to both the H.G. Hill Center and the Belle Meade Theatre/Harris Teeter project. A light will be placed at that new intersection with Harding. Most people going into town from WBR will use that intersection. Through traffic onto Woodmont still goes through the old intersection.

(In case anyone was wondering, the newish bank at the south end of the old Belle Meade Theatre will be demolished for the new access road. The crane for that project sits on the new road bed. I wonder if the BP across from there will also have to go, or at least be reworked.)

I'm hoping that hospital traffic from White Bridge/I40/Charlotte can get to St Thomas from this new road without having to enter Harding traffic, because that seems to slow down the left lane during morning rush hour(s).

I really like how this area of town is shaping up. There were already several high-rise apartment/condos from decades ago, and now more are being built. There is a decent amount of office space, and more is being built. There's a lot of commercial development going on, and the bulk of it will be fronting roads crossing Harding, not running along Harding. That means less local traffic mixing with through traffic on Harding Pike (except by crossing at intersections); that is, folks living nearby can approach most places from White Bridge road, Woodmont and Woodlawn, and never have to travel Harding Pike. Even the old Belle Meade Shopping Center is accessible from the H.G. Hill center by driving underneath the WBR bridge, and from there one can enter Harding southward almost at Hillwood Blvd.

It's going to be fairly walkable, and the old bridge is almost finished being renovated so there will be direct access to the greenway along Richland Creek that connects with Cherokee at one branch and to the White Bridge Road neighborhood past the college on the other end.