Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

21 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

They were not removed, it has always been like that, since the day it was built 

Let's hope not! That red brick monstrosity is the most important building in Middle Tennessee. We would not have this site (UP) without it!! :)

No there used to be glass panels. I have an old pic I will share once I find it. 

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Looking NW at the L&C Tower logo and observation deck:

L&C Tower logo.png

I love this building, but it sorely needs to be cleaned.  Are there any plans to wash the outside of the L&C Tower?  It seems a shame to spend so much money redoing the interior and ground floor but leave the rest of the exterior so dirty.

• Like 4

I made quite a few trips up there during lunch when I worked in the Life and Casualty mailroom for a year many years ago.

I frequented downtown Nashville during the mid nineties, and if I recall correctly, it was closed due to a young mother (to be?) jumping off of the rail to commit suicide. I recall the sidewalk being closed off for it... rather sad (and grim.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

This one looks very New York-ish. 

Yes, that was my thought as well when taking the picture.

IMO, SoBro is going to be the most impressive all-around high-rise district in the SE US (outside of Houston, Atlanta and possibly Miami) once The Joseph, Mainland, SAP and Embassy-Curio are complete. Charlotte and Austin will have nothing on it. 

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, urbanplanet17 said:

Yes, that was my thought as well when taking the picture.

IMO, SoBro is going to be the most impressive all-around high-rise district in the SE US (outside of Houston, Atlanta and possibly Miami) once The Joseph, Mainland, SAP and Embassy-Curio are complete. Charlotte and Austin will have nothing on it. 

I wouldn't go that far...

• Like 1