Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I seem to remember reading about a traffic plan several years ago. It had something like access roads between St. Thomas Hospital and the Woodmont/White Bridge intersection with Harding Rd., and either 1 or two smaller bridges over a pass-thru Harding Rd.. The bridge(s) would extend from the BM Town Center to the H.G. Hill SC. I think!!! Anyone else have the scoop?

Or, I could have just provided this link: ftp://ftp.nashville.gov/web/mpc/UDO/Hardi...tation_Plan.pdf

I was wrong about Kenner stopping short of Harding, or else it was part of an earlier plan. That intersection just looses its signal.

My turn.

Today's theme: statues, panoramas, & TPAC

Today's location: Legeslative Plaza, Capital Hill, Dredrick St., & Union St.

Note: I had to downsize these images considerably as they were very, very large. The panoramas were 7000 pixels wide (roughly three computer monitors wide... unless you have a really big monitor).

And no, I didn't use my cell today. I actually busted out the real camera :)

Here we go...

DowntownPanorama.jpg

MidtownPanorama.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

Bonus picture of Bicentennial Mall and Germantown in distance:

DSCF0025.jpg

Edited by Nashville_maestro

Items of interest:

"Commercial" permits pulled as reported in The Tennessean 2.22.08

Hotel. Value: $27 million. Ray Bell Construction Co. Inc. took out a permit to turn the 15-story office building at 1808 West End. Ave. into the Hutton Hotel.

Parking garage. Value: $9.5 million. Ray Bell Construction Co. Inc. took out a permit to build a five-story parking garage with an 11,000-square-foot conference center at 1811 Hayes St. for the Hutton Hotel.

Roof repairs. Value: $298,000. Porter Roofing Contractors Inc. took out a permit to replace a portion of the roof at Tom Joy Elementary School.

Commercial renovations. Value: $395,000. Tenant Building Group LLC took out a permit to renovate a suite in a building at 565 Marriott Drive for Oreck.

Items of interest:

"Commercial" permits pulled as reported in The Tennessean 2.22.08

Hotel. Value: $27 million. Ray Bell Construction Co. Inc. took out a permit to turn the 15-story office building at 1808 West End. Ave. into the Hutton Hotel.

Parking garage. Value: $9.5 million. Ray Bell Construction Co. Inc. took out a permit to build a five-story parking garage with an 11,000-square-foot conference center at 1811 Hayes St. for the Hutton Hotel.

Roof repairs. Value: $298,000. Porter Roofing Contractors Inc. took out a permit to replace a portion of the roof at Tom Joy Elementary School.

Commercial renovations. Value: $395,000. Tenant Building Group LLC took out a permit to renovate a suite in a building at 565 Marriott Drive for Oreck.

I'm assuming the $395k is for the Oreck Vacuum Cleaning company, correct?

Yeah Palmer's guy had said they were seeking one. The question is ... foundation for what exactly

Underline added for emphasis:

From the Tennessean: West End Summit foundation. Value: $6.3 million. Bovis Lend Lease Inc. took out a permit to build the foundation for the West End Summit office, hotel and residential complex at 1600 West End Ave.

Even if he builds only one building, he has to fill the hole with something. Would he go ahead and build out the entire underground garage? It would provide at least a ground level plaza and add a more finished look to the hotel and/or condos.

Edited by PHofKS

This has actually been in the works for some time now. RC cola on Charlotte Pike is gone and there is a new building going up in the same location, Is it a office building or something else.

Actually they have used the shell of the RC Cola building and almost entirely rebuilt it. These are some sort of medical offices. There was a thread a year or so ago. I will look and see if I can find it. This building is a vast improvement over the old building for sure.