Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Midtown from I-40/Charlotte up to I-40/Broadway really needs development.   It would really be nice to see several 10, 15 and 20+ story buildings go up in that area to give a north-south skyline appearance and to create visual interest as you travel along I-40 between downtown and midtown.   I'd be okay with the Exxon at Charlotte and I-40,  Hollywood Hustler and White Castle's being relocated to other streets in the area for more appealing office, retail hotel and residential.  I'd like that stretch of I-40 with height on both sides to give a nice visual appeal as you drive it.  Especially since you lose views of downtown for a large portion of that stretch.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Just mute it, unless you liked the first one. I listened to it and I kind of smiled at some of the lyrics, but it's terrible

Well, you warned me.  I listened anyway.  Big Mistake..... Good footage though. Worst singing & lyrics. Ever.  'We avoid Antioch like North Korea, now we're all going 'cause their gettin' Ikea'.  Nice. :tw_expressionless:

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Well, you warned me.  I listened anyway.  Big Mistake..... Good footage though. Worst singing & lyrics. Ever.  'We avoid Antioch like North Korea, now we're all going 'cause their gettin' Ikea'.  Nice. :tw_expressionless:

I probably am about to start a fight, but I can't think of any reason to go to Antioch. So to me that line is funny. Overall I think the lyrics are pretty spot on with the city. That being said, I feel like this was just made to show off the Project 615 t-shirts because that is all they wore in the video. So maybe a paid video by them?

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Sometimes I forget to remember that if the Batman Building were to be built in England where I live currently, It would be the 5th or 6th tallest building in the entire country and the 27th tallest in Europe  (I'm pretty certain). I really am hoping for a 800-1000 ft building to be built in Nashville during my lifetime, but its always good to remember what Nashville has and to cherish it I guess.

Maybe we can be adopted by a European country. Tennessee isn't working out too well.

Switzerland?? They like our music. :tw_grin:

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

Maybe we can be adopted by a European country. Tennessee isn't working out too well.

Switzerland?? They like our music. :tw_grin:

Any european country other than england which is rapidly decreasing in living quality and economic stability

Yes I sometimes really miss nashville, and many friends of mine from england are trying to convince me to move back and take them with them due to its popularity and better economy. I'm not joking, word of Nashville has made it to england it seems

Edited by Binbin98
  • Like 4

On 11/6/2017 at 3:29 PM, PillowTalk4 said:

Midtown from I-40/Charlotte up to I-40/Broadway really needs development.   It would really be nice to see several 10, 15 and 20+ story buildings go up in that area to give a north-south skyline appearance and to create visual interest as you travel along I-40 between downtown and midtown.   I'd be okay with the Exxon at Charlotte and I-40,  Hollywood Hustler and White Castle's being relocated to other streets in the area for more appealing office, retail hotel and residential.  I'd like that stretch of I-40 with height on both sides to give a nice visual appeal as you drive it.  Especially since you lose views of downtown for a large portion of that stretch.  

With the big projects planned in the North Gulch and immediately east of I-40 (Endeavor, Nashville Yards, Capitol View, etc.), it's only a matter of time before the development spills further westward.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Sometimes I forget to remember that if the Batman Building were to be built in England where I live currently, It would be the 5th or 6th tallest building in the entire country and the 27th tallest in Europe  (I'm pretty certain). I really am hoping for a 800-1000 ft building to be built in Nashville during my lifetime, but its always good to remember what Nashville has and to cherish it I guess.

It's going to happen.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:24 AM, Binbin98 said:

The difference is, when you're in downtown London, there may be few really tall buildings, but every building for miles around is no shorter than 5-15 stories tall. The infill and density is unbelieveable. Much different than Nashville. Very few empty parking lots or grassy unused areas.

Edited by NashvilleObserver