Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, Predsboy18 said:

I know, strange seeing me post, but I do come with pictures!

Here is the addition on the Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. (I can’t bring  myself use the full name)4C18A184-25E9-437E-AE99-607F46E1EB24.jpeg

These are atop the JW Marriott, a nice little addition to the top. Could this be the crown we’ve been waiting for??CD4DF4A3-339E-45B1-9CCB-AD2E3C168E1E.jpeg

529A3416-41C7-4F73-95C7-9FFD2CFD100F.jpeg

727351A0-9DF4-4882-B27E-5611344E2888.jpeg

Nothing above them there lips yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

TBT: Looking NW from (then) Shelby Street Bridge at L&C Tower,  4th & Church (then called SunTrust Tower, which had just been completed in '68), and Snodgrass Tower in distance, still U.C. 1969.

L&C Tower from riverfront, 1969.jpg

Amazing how that works... build one tall one that sticks out like a sore thumb and in a few decades its completely obscured tall buildings.... Could this work for a Nashville supertall as well?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Coming into town from the west on I-40 and turning onto 440 Parkway presents the best view of the skyline anywhere. You get this entire grand sweep from a ground level perspective. Yesterday at 4:30 the sun was low and highlighting all the buildings and producing bright reflections off the JW Marriott and others. I wish I could get a high-def picture of the skyline from one of those 'Malibu Homes' on the hill.

You can get a great shot at Trevor & 33rd right off of Charlotte Pike.  There's even a parking lot to the building overlooking 440.  However...there are some power lines that partially obstruct the view...which is unfortunate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Bank of America Building looking west along Union Street at intersection with 4th Ave. North:

Bank of America Building.jpg

I’ve never really noticed the side with the recessed windows. I guess I’ve always thought (in my minds eye) the whole building had the flush windows like on the right side of this picture. I wonder what made them do it differently. 

Its funny the things you don’t notice in a city until something gives you a reason to look. 

• Like 2