Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Has anyone been to Baltimore? Although it might be a dangerous neighborhood, there is a neighborhood of colorful townhomes right next to downtown. It looks really good, gives an urban feel that I really liked. Germantown seems to have this potential, along with a neighborhood of colorful homes more on Charlotte St. next to hmm Baptist I think (can anyone help me out here?)

Anyone have information about the Cumberland Yacht Harbor that is rumored to be built off Lebanon Rd in Donelson? I live in Donelson and after 2 or 3 years of delays, I'm really losing hope for this venture.

First off, welcome to the forum ColonelCash! :)

As far as the CYH goes, it is now held up by a law suit over the Nashville crayfish. At least that is my understanding. Someone on the board may knwo more, but I did see an article in the Newspaper and another one in the local Sierra Club Newsletter. Hope this helps. You may want to contact the developers and get an update as well.

Crayfish? That is something you don't see every day

I'd like to see that development get off the ground, would be a great addition for Donelson.

Also, I've heard some talk around the shopping center on Old Lebanon Rd. being converted into some type of Office / Condo complex. It would be nice to update the eye-sore and hopefully pump a little new construction into Donelson.

Seems like I remember reading about that a while back. I dont think the bowling alley is open anymore is it?

There is also a small development going in over on Donelson Pike before you get to Elm Hill pike on the right.

I can see a lot more urban type developments going in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

A new project on Long Blvd next to D6 lofts. I drove by a week and a half ago and there was a sign for the West End Flats up. This is another project by the Graymont Group. The rendering at the site shows a 3 story white building. I was not feeling well so I didn't pay real close attention.

ok, gotta new one for ya.... still trying to manage the camera. i didnt exactly pick the best spot either, i was right next to a light.... what can i say, its a hobby, i didnt go to school for it...

small.JPG

to see a full, larger version of the pics, and many more pics, visit the link in my sig

ok, gotta new one for ya.... still trying to manage the camera. i didnt exactly pick the best spot either, i was right next to a light.... what can i say, its a hobby, i didnt go to school for it...

small.JPG

to see a full, larger version of the pics, and many more pics, visit the link in my sig

reminds me of a shot I took a few years back with an old Nikon 6mp SLR I had. I took it from the pedestrian bridge, on the landing closer to East Nashville. Link http://binaryheretic.deviantart.com/art/Nashtalgia-6802025

Here is a rendering from the City Paper today of the West End Flats on Long.

Not a lot to look at but it could have been worse. The White will stick out for sure.

WestEndFlats.jpg

I just love how it sits a half mile off the street. When are we going to stop approving crap in this city? Fifty years into the future we'll have to redevelop stuff like this to fit into a working urban environment (not that this building will actually last fifty years).

I just love how it sits a half mile off the street. When are we going to stop approving crap in this city? Fifty years into the future we'll have to redevelop stuff like this to fit into a working urban environment (not that this building will actually last fifty years).

The lot is actually pretty compact. Why do you say brick buildings don't last 50 years?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I think that rendering might be a little misleading. I live about 100 yards up the road from the site (I scavenged some bricks from the demolished house for my flowerbed :whistling: ), and if they have a lick of sense the project should fit in nicely with the rest of the neighborhood.