Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

3 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 10.40.17 AM.png

Durn, first the Titans in 2000, then the Preds last year and now our Human Guitar Shape Forming club is finals runners up. The last one really hurts!! :shok:

Well, there's still the Putting Clothes on Naked Statues team. They're number one in my heart!

And no, I'm not on medications this morning. Just stuck in the house and bored out of my gourd. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

How do you screw that up? Wouldn't they know what the record is that they are trying to beat?

There are VERY specific guidelines from the folks who verify these worlds record attempts. Often people who show up are disqualified due to some particulars of the records requirements that they did not follow. I had friends who went to Dallas back in the summer for a Frida Kaklo lookalike record attempt at the Dallas Museum of Art-some folks were turned away because they dressed exactly like Frida in one of her self portraits instead of following the wording of the rules (a floral dress with a red or pink shawl).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

The second photo makes me wonder what every news agency and sports broadcast used as their quintessential Nashville skyline shot before they built Batman?

Well, there really weren’t any sports broadcast before Batman. Maybe occasionally from inside Vanderbilt Gym, but that’s about it.

• Like 3

On 11/20/2017 at 2:18 PM, markhollin said:

Per a story behind the paywall at NBJ, Pinnacle bank to double the size of it's signage on Pinnacle Tower.

i noticed today that it looks like this has been completed. does anyone know when it went down?

also, the crown was backlit and it looked nice.

actually, here it is:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 8:56 PM, nashvillwill said:

Well, there really weren’t any sports broadcast before Batman. Maybe occasionally from inside Vanderbilt Gym, but that’s about it.

That is true.  However, i do recall there being skyline shots during Vandy football games and a few TSU home games.  Most of the time the shots were of the skyline from the west.  For both schools the skyline shots were typically done from the top of the press box in each stadium.  The Vandy shot would capture more of the skyline of course and buildings in mid-town.  The TSU shots would basically be the top of the tallest buildings and the capitol in the background with some of the TSU buildings, the grassy area that's used for the football practice field and Meharry/General Hospital making up the foreground.   It's a view that if you're a student and you reside in the top floors of 3 of the dorms you'd see from the TSU campus.

• Like 1