Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 3/17/2018 at 2:25 AM, titanhog said:

I wish there was something we could do instead of having all of that land paved over for the Titans' parking lot (and future new stadium).  Too bad it can't be a totally grass-covered and tree lined field for parking...which would be a park when not in use for games.

It could be.  In fact, there was a plan sometime ago to do just that on a limited scale, west of the stadium. The plan involved the placement of plastic (I think plastic) mats, which would allow grass to grow through, yet hold up to auto traffic. But this was years ago before the construction of East Park. I’m not really sure what happened to that plan, but I was excited about it. 

• Like 4

I’d like to see something tall in mid town if it’s allowed there. Something tall in that area could start a new trend and stretch the skyline out. Sky house was a good start but we need taller there. I get a great view of the skyline when coming into Bordeaux early every morning. When topping the hill on Clarksville pike headed towards town the view is georgous but would love more height added across skyline from CBD to Vanderbilt. Bordeaux would be a great place to get some nice night time skyline pics for someone with a nice camera. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buildtall said:

I’d like to see something tall in mid town if it’s allowed there. Something tall in that area could start a new trend and stretch the skyline out. Sky house was a good start but we need taller there. I get a great view of the skyline when coming into Bordeaux early every morning. When topping the hill on Clarksville pike headed towards town the view is georgous but would love more height added across skyline from CBD to Vanderbilt. Bordeaux would be a great place to get some nice night time skyline pics for someone with a nice camera. 

That part of town is totally neglected when it comes to skyline shots. I always enjoy approaching town from Bordeaux, it’s a completely different perspective than the ones you see 1,000 times per day.