Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, timmay143 said:

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful city!  Tough loss though...ugh...:tw_cold_sweat:

Yeah, that one stung... although we still have two chances to close it out, the pressure is decidedly on us now... I mean, it always was, but especially now that the possibility of an upset is more present... I must admit, I had my concerns about how the Preds would perform this postseason as the team with the target on their back.  They're used to being the scrappy underdog that everyone underestimates that has to fight and claw for every win... now the Avalanche have kind of taken on that role and it seems to have thrown the Preds for a bit of a loop.  Hopefully they shake it off for game 6!

• Like 2

Agreed.  We have seen the Preds in the Avs shoes many times.  The majority of the times those Preds teams trying to hang with the "big boys" were eliminated.  Hope that holds true this round (i.e. the higher seed prevails, for those hockey gods listening :tw_grimace:)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Buildtall said:

I think the current look is much better than what we had before. The old white color always had all those small rust streaks that ran down the side of building everywhere. Not sure if I was the only one that ever noticed but there was a lot of them.  

I liked the brutality of the old appearance, and especially the rusty streaks on the concrete.   Nothing is more beautiful to me than gracefully aging materials:  mossy stone, vine covered old walls, stained concrete.   People used to brush a yogurt solution on garden ornaments and pavers to encourage moss to grow, nowadays it's the height of the suburban aesthetic for everything to look like it just came off the truck from Lowe's.  It's gross.

My theory is that the rapid rise of income inequality has created a huge wave of nouveaux riches who have pervaded our society with a "look what I just bought" mentality.  It used to be a matter of pride how long something had been around.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Buildtall said:

I think the current look is much better than what we had before. The old white color always had all those small rust streaks that ran down the side of building everywhere. Not sure if I was the only one that ever noticed but there was a lot of them.  

Honestly I wished they had torn it down along with the rest of the old CC.  Regardless of the color it's gonna look dated compared to the rest of the new development.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:08 PM, bnacincy said:

Honestly I wished they had torn it down along with the rest of the old CC.  Regardless of the color it's gonna look dated compared to the rest of the new development.

Do you want everything to look brand spanking new?  Some of the older buildings, even those built in the 80's will keep the skyline from looking monotonous with glass towers everywhere.   I love glass towers, but I also like to see diversity in the architecture of a skyline.  While I wish we had substantially older skyscrapers like those found in New York, Chicago and Philly, I don't think we need to do away with those that represent various eras in our history.  Decades from now there might be people who think the L&C Tower should come down....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1