Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Don't know that we'll get to see any renderings for Propst Development for a long time. They are NOT experienced in Real Estate, but rather Pharmaceuticals. They've only bought buildings and their web site is chock full with dead links.  Don't appear to have much experience as landlord property managers either. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up flipping their property on West End. http://www.propstdevelopment.com/#home

2 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Don't know that we'll get to see any renderings for Propst Development for a long time. They are NOT experienced in Real Estate, but rather Pharmaceuticals. They've only bought buildings and their web site is chock full with dead links.  Don't appear to have much experience as landlord property managers either. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up flipping their property on West End. http://www.propstdevelopment.com/#home

You don't need a degree from elementary school to become a real estate developer, but you do need money. THey have that.  IF they hire the right people, this can be a great project.

But they could sell it too for the right price

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Photo from Wednesday June 13 along the Stones River Greenway. This property is going to become Stones River Bend Park. Our community is fortunate to have so much green space being preserved for wildlife and recreation.

http://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-Recreation/Planning-and-Development/Park-Plans-and-Projects/Stones-River-Bend-Regional-Park.aspx

7A84B3D2-DBFB-4E7B-B9BA-2D7D7CCDC96A.jpeg

I ride the Stones River Greenway often and you feel like you're in another part of the state there in Stones River Bend.     It's an amazing piece of land.     Couldn't agree with you more that we are lucky to have it.      The master plan does a great job of preserving, and restoring, the natural state of this giant area.    

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I sort of agree, however money does play a big part of it. All the need is a good development team which they can afford to make something happen, however putting huge sums of money into one project may be a little risky when you are starting out as they seem to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

Will the Federal Courthouse ever get started? If I had to bet which one happens sooner,  a finished Nashville Federal Courthouse or a working Tesla type 3 model delivered to the public... I’m going the later.

Tesla model 3 s are being delivered every day. So that bet is over

11 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

That's the old Thermal Plant... it is what was demolished for the amphitheater 

Right.    Metro used to haul the city's garbage collection there to burn (yes, burn!) to create steam to heat and cool downtown buildings.     The cost of compliance with Clean Air Act regulations in the 90's ultimately made the plant's continued operation uneconomical.      Metro finally shuttered it in 2003 and replaced the steam generation with the new gas facility a few blocks away.     You can see the gas facility under construction in that postcard at the foot of the still under construction KVB bridge.      I'm guessing that photo was circa 2002.    

Question why shops are selling postcards with aerial images from 16 years ago.        

• Like 2