Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I was there as well. Remember the high speed police chase the same night?

I was at Dancing in the District watching the band Cake the night that plant caught on fire. We watched it burn during the show. 
A year later, Cake came back and played again. The plant was still over there a burned out mess. The lead singer even commented on it and said something like “what is wrong with your city? I can believe that is still there.”

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Would someone who lives in the area of Trinity/Fern, please get an update of this view from a year ago? Would be so cool to see an evolution from this, IMO the best angle of the skyline. Imagine it with the Gulch Union, SAP, 5&B, 1200 B'way, Peabody Place, & the midrises of N'ville Yards. Plus the infill of G'town and East bank. You might even see the KVB office tower and JWM peeking between some of the building at the left.

What's crazy is that I don't think a lot of those will even register from this angle.   A lot of the KVB and Demonbreun stuff will be heavily hidden.  Even 5&B won't make much of an impact here.  From this vantage  I think the biggest upcoming projects to watch will be SAP (that will look GREAT from here), 1200 Broadway, Peabody Place/Union (especially Union), Nashville Yards, and the eventual buildout of Asurion and the rest of the Tennessean property by Highwoods.  Of course, if the West End Summit sit gets going, that'll totally change the game.

Edited by bmkTN

On 6/20/2018 at 10:36 AM, nashvillwill said:

I was at Dancing in the District watching the band Cake the night that plant caught on fire. We watched it burn during the show. 

A year later, Cake came back and played again. The plant was still over there a burned out mess. The lead singer even commented on it and said something like “what is wrong with your city? I can believe that is still there.”

I think it as actually River Stages, I was also there.  Because I was in summer school at UT so I don't think that it was on a Thursday, but i could be wrong.  I had my first beer downtown that day. (I was totally not only 20)

22 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

I think it as actually River Stages, I was also there.  Because I was in summer school at UT so I don't think that it was on a Thursday, but i could be wrong.  I had my first beer downtown that day. (I was totally not only 20)

Maybe it was river stages. We had so many good music events back in those days, I get them mixed up. Just saw the lineup for Live on the Green this summer. Jimmy Eat World as the main headliner is extremely underwhelming. I think it’s days are numbered. 

• Like 1