Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, chris holman said:

DSC_6080~2.JPG

I see this and immediately have a flashback to Architecture school days where we constantly talk about Denise Scott Brown and Robert Venturi and "Learning from Las Vegas". Whats the difference between learning and emulating lol :P 

Though I will say, look at those nice wide, protected sidewalks with pedestrian islands at intersections.... Beautiful

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I see this and immediately have a flashback to Architecture school days where we constantly talk about Denise Scott Brown and Robert Venturi and "Learning from Las Vegas". Whats the difference between learning and emulating lol :P 

Though I will say, look at those nice wide, protected sidewalks with pedestrian islands at intersections.... Beautiful

Min Vegas for sure,

The extra sidewalk room was very much needed hopefully the city takes the idea completely down all of Broadway 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I haven't walked Lower Broad recently, are they expanding the sidewalks for all of Lower Broad (5th to river)?    Are the barriers now permanent as opposed to the temporary barriers that have been there for a couple years?      

2 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I haven't walked Lower Broad recently, are they expanding the sidewalks for all of Lower Broad (5th to river)?    Are the barriers now permanent as opposed to the temporary barriers that have been there for a couple years?      

Yep--those are definitely permanent, but right now only span the width of one block. I believe the plan is to repeat this arrangement from end-to-end, but am confused by how they are doing it only one block at a time.

• Like 1