Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 8/1/2018 at 7:23 AM, PHofKS said:

I made a card regarding this ^^^^^ building when the Philips relocation was announced. There's a lot to like about this building.

27248734127_08ddce443b_c.jpg

I will always be grateful for the solid construction of that building.  While working on the second to top story, I looked into the funnel of a tornado... and lived.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, fishsticks176 said:

They’ve grown so much even just over the past six. I graduated in 2012 and when I went back last week I didn’t even recognize the campus. It was crazy! Beautiful, though.

My daughter, English Lit degree in 2013, cried in 2015 when she walked out of the Curb Center and saw there where most of her classes had been held there was now a grass lawn.  But, yes, most of the development there has been done very well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr_Bond said:

My daughter, English Lit degree in 2013, cried in 2015 when she walked out of the Curb Center and saw there where most of her classes had been held there was now a grass lawn.  But, yes, most of the development there has been done very well.

Your daughter and I were friends at Belmont, actually. We had a handful of classes together.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 11:22 PM, NashvilleObserver said:

Yes that one was an accident.

Are you kidding me... look at all the open space. The skyline may look good from afar, but we ave a LONG way to go in regards to density

True, but Sobro/the gulch isn't in the picture.  The Yards, 5th+ broad, endeavor, and the gulch union has yet to be completed 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

Your daughter and I were friends at Belmont, actually. We had a handful of classes together.

Too cool!  All three of mine are now Belmont alum: K (class of '11), M (class of '13) and R (class of '16).  Hope to meet you somewhere along the way.

50 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

My view for the next twelve nights-from midtown Manhattan’s Yotel at 10th Ave & 42nd Street. Twenty years ago this was the seedy edge of Hell’s Kitchen...the kitchen has had a helluva renovation!

Wow, I stayed a little south of there a couple of years ago and it’s insane the progress that’s been made at Hudson Yards. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ As frustrating as all those surface lots are, just remember that it is a much better now than it was 10 years ago....and several more of those glaring areas will be filled with towers in the next half decade.   : )

But how many of those lots did have something significant before they were surface parking?

giphy.gif

Edited by timmay143
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1