Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

Before the Titans and Preds, I only recall going downtown a few times, and then it was for things like school trips to the state museum or the Capitol, or very rarely down to Church Street Center. But, once the Preds and Titans came to town, we were down every other weekend during the season, which I'm sure is a very similar experience to thousands of other middle Tennesseans growing up from the mid 80s to the early 00s.

Let's not forget the Nashville Kats (arena football).  They were pretty popular, too, and helped fill the bars on Lower Broadway.  I think another big boost to downtown was moving the Country Music Hall of Fame from Music Row to downtown.  It's hard to imagine now, but even the little Hilton Hotel was a big deal back then when it opened.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Where was the country music hall of game on music row, address wise?

7 hours ago, japan said:

I believe it was were the Element Music Row building is currently.

He's asking about the "Hall of Game", not the "Hall of Fame".   :whistling:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, bhibbs said:

was certainly a quirky/cool building

$_57-5.JPG

The entrance was later changed to this...

2014716653_ScreenShot2018-10-26at7_45_01AM.thumb.png.c15c46b3cd18a7a6274c34b274045cfa.png

It faces 16th at the Musica Roundabout.  The historical marker out front was placed in 2012 after the CMHOF moved downtown and BMI bought the old buildling.

https://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=60229

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2018 at 11:55 AM, jmtunafish said:

Let's not forget the Nashville Kats (arena football).  They were pretty popular, too, and helped fill the bars on Lower Broadway.  I think another big boost to downtown was moving the Country Music Hall of Fame from Music Row to downtown.  It's hard to imagine now, but even the little Hilton Hotel was a big deal back then when it opened.

Oh my gosh, how could I forget that. I used to love going to Kats games! Too bad AFL petered out.

• Like 2