Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

That angle is actually more east than north of dt. Look for the cranes to help approximate where those towers will be from that perspective. 

1. Endeavor crane is just visible to the right of Snodgrass. The crane sits on the eastern edge of the site, so that tower will be visible from Fern St.

2. 5+Broad crane is not visible. Plus with the curvature of the 4th & Church hill, I don't expect it will be visible there.  Edit: I think I need to clarify here. I do see the top of a crane at what I think is the 5+Broad. But I think it's the one over the food hall, which I don't expect to be tall enough to be seen from that spot. 

3.  Left side; two cranes of Peabody Commons show just how far to the left (east) that shot of the skyline will be extended. The Condo tower will rise prominently from its perch beside KVB bridge.

4. If the Embassy Suites tower EVER gets built, it will likely be visible between R2D2 & L&C

5. Broadwest should also show prominently, but of course farther back from that vantage. 

6. KVB Tower and Lea Residential tower may also fill in the gaps between B'stone/Omni-ATT.... and ATT-R2D2 respectively. I'm sort of letting the hill in the back (Belmont Hill) line up with their respective sites to make that determination.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 8:02 AM, smeagolsfree said:

After traveling in a number of large cities over the past few years I will say we are missing major downtown retail. We can compete on a number of levels but retail and transit are two areas that we fail. We just dont have the right kind of retail downtown YET, but it will come. Transit will have to come in time but as we all know that is a whole other bag or worms.

Aren’t the Nashville Yards, Fith and Broadway,  Broadwest, Endeavor and Gulch Union (to a lesser extent) all going to bring new retail to the downtown area though? As well as other projects that are (hopefully) announced in the future after this amazon announcement. I heard that Fifth and Broadway will bring some high end stores to downtown but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Aren’t the Nashville Yards, Fith and Broadway,  Broadwest, Endeavor and Gulch Union (to a lesser extent) all going to bring new retail to the downtown area though? As well as other projects that are (hopefully) announced in the future after this amazon announcement. I heard that Fifth and Broadway will bring some high end stores to downtown but I could be wrong.

They will, and I wait to see what kind of retail happens. Hopefully we may be surprised.

• Like 1