smeagolsfree

Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

6491 posts in this topic

Wow, look at the foundation on the Cohen building. :shok: No wonder they put sensors on it. Cool pic Duke. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Taggin' it is a great idea Ron.

RK, would you be so kind?

Sorry for the delay. It's no problem to pin this thread. :D

Its always good to PM me so I don't overlook threads that folks might want pinned up, moved, etc.

So how many total large scale cranes are we talking about in the downtown/West End area?

At least 13 between 31st Ave and DT. There will be at least two more up at the Icon. This is not to mention next year the baseball stadium and rolling mill hill get going, there will be at least 6 or 8 between those 2. Also, we are looking at Terrazzo, Signature, Rhythm, plus poss. Weston, BBS Crown building, The Sliver building, and by that time who knows.

Oh almost forgot 5th and Main too. I would bet there would be another couple there.

Edited by smeagolsfree

It seems like everytime something gets stickied it gets a lot less atention.

I noticed the base of the crane at the Icon site is up, and we should be seeing that crane in our skyline very soon!!! :D

I noticed the base of the crane at the Icon site is up, and we should be seeing that crane in our skyline very soon!!! :D

Dont you mean those cranes?! :D

So does anybody have pics for the projects announced lately?

Westin

Crown

Sliver

Giarratana's Kenner project adjacent to his Belle Meade plaza

Velocity

Rhythm

Neuhoff

Edited by ATLBrain

They are in the process of taking the "elevators" off the Viridian right now. I'm guessing the crane is next. If so, we should be able to see the completed skin of the Viridian in the next week!

Looks as if there will another large crane up at Vanderbilt. There is a base next to the emergency entrance. I think that makes about 7 or 8 there.

i was watching news channel 5 tonight and they mentioned that the Amsouth building was planning on adding another 3 stories to it. The addition will accomidate a gym on the top levels. They said there would be a story about it tomorrow.

What!? How weird! I hope they keep the same lighting design on the top. It adds so much light to the skyline at night.

See new thread on the Amsouth addition. It won't be on the top. It will take the space occupied by the plaza facing the courts complex and the new park.

The crane for the Icon is now going up. The vertical support structure is being put in place and I suspect the horizontal structure should go in in the next few days.

Drove by the ICON site tonight and the crane is up. Looks very tall, needs an FAA warning beacon

An article from The Tennessean today:

Condos changing face of West End

It has a graphic of the condo projects currently under construction or about to be in the West End Park area...it also contains a rendering of the Park 30 project which I hadn't seen.

Here is the latest office proposal at 28 stories and 380ft that was proposed this month, proposed to go up next to Encore & Symphony Hall:

150_Third_Avenue_S_renderingSmall.jpg

150_Third_Avenue_S_rendering1Small.jpg

Its approval has been delayed 3 months:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../608140326/1003

The building would go up diagonally to the crane in the bottom, across from the symphony center right beside Shelby St Pedestrian bridge as you can see it rises on that block.

nash_8568.jpg

Edited by heckles

Only thing there is a new large corner sign that went up a couple of weeks ago.

Walked by Velocity today and there was some dirt being moved in the rear of that property.

So how tall will Velocity be? Are they marketing units yet? If so, where?

I think only 6 floors. There are a number of bill boards up around town.

There is another condo building going up in the Music Row area. The lot where Bobby's Idle Hour was close to 16th and Grand is being prepared now. This started about 2 weeks ago.

No crane. This is a smaller lot and I do not have any idea how large this development is going to be.