smeagolsfree

Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

Was there any lightning associated with that storm? Looks like one that belongs in April, not January. Just another example of why you can't put Nashville in a box!

^Pretty innocuous group of buildings, no? Almost looks like we're in Iran or something (except for the whole giant crucifix thing), so much sandy beigeness.

Iran is actually extremely colorful. In anycase, nice photos all. I look forward to more.

^I was really under the impression that the whole of Iran was completely devoid of color.

Me too. Just last week there was an article reporting the recent death in Tehran of 35 people from pollution. It also noted that Tehran was one of the most polluted large cities in the world. Maybe the buildings in the accompanying photo would have looked more colorful to me if I could have seen through all the smog.

^I was really under the impression that the whole of Iran was completely devoid of color. Thanks for pointing out what an obvious retard I am.

Relax buddy, no harm intended. I have a little Persian blood in me, so, similar to the way I am with Nashville, I feel somewhat of a responsibility to make people's impressions of the place more positive. Nothing personal.

Me too. Just last week there was an article reporting the recent death in Tehran of 35 people from pollution. It also noted that Tehran was one of the most polluted large cities in the world. Maybe the buildings in the accompanying photo would have looked more colorful to me if I could have seen through all the smog.

You're right, it definitely is a problem. It kind of sits in a valley surrounded by snow-capped mountains similar to Los Angeles, so the pollution kinda sits.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get the thread off track. Just wanted to throw in a little blurb of info. This thread is about our gorgeous city.

Edited by BnaBreaker

Is the Lifeway HQ the same as the HQ for the Southern Baptist Conference, because I know that they're HQ'd here, but I didn't know where, so I just assumed there.

Isn't the SBC in Maryland Farms?

Isn't the SBC in Maryland Farms?

I dunno, I know the Tennessee Baptist Convention is, but I didn't know if the SBC/TBC had the same HQ, or if the SBC is DT in the Lifeway building.

Here is one form last fall.

IMG_1315-1.jpg

I freaking love that angle from the mall. There is one photo...I think on the CVB website...taken from almost that same spot in the winter. It looks surreal.

The lot onthe corner of Lea and 2nd is going to be a new fire hall. This will replace the one that was torn down when the Symphony Hall was built.