Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Wow! It just keeps on coming. This link says the long rumored W Hotel will be 28 stories and include a similiar size office building.

Sooo... in the last couple of weeks....

28 Story W Hotel

28 Story Office Building (with W)

2 @ 17 to 20 story condos on West End

2 @ 15 to 20 story buildings on the Eakins property

These proposals alone would make a nice, small city skyline. :thumbsup:

More to come, no doubt. Nashville is 'h'o't'!!

Wow! It just keeps on coming. This link says the long rumored W Hotel will be 28 stories and include a similiar size office building.

28 Story W Hotel

It said that the office building would be the same size as round about plaza.

That's great news! I wasn't sure this would ever be announced! Can't wait for the renderings.

On another note, here in Franklin, the Brownstones are nearing completion, and are looking very nice. Also, there is some prep work going on at McEwen Place, and the core of the Nissan Headquarters has reached the fourth floor.

I was wondering if Todd was going to post that here as well as Nashville Charette. I found out about the "W"this one yesterday morning. Demonbreun is going to be a huge Gateway inot DT. I think the height of the building is going to be 323'.

Edited by smeagolsfree

bilde98.jpg

I can remember when the skyline looked like this. Yeah, I'm that old! The L & C tower just dominated the skyline from 1957 to about 1964 until the 20 story Third Nation Bank Building was built directly across the street from the L & C. The picture would have to have been taken between those two dates. That for posting, Nashvillain.

Edited by Hankster

I was wondering if Todd was going to post that here as well as Nashville Charette. I found out about the "W"this one yesterday morning. Demonbreun is going to be a huge Gateway inot DT. I think the height of the building is going to be 323'.

323' at the roundabout will look even taller than that. I imagine the Roundabout Plaza is only 100'-150', so the W will look huge sitting up on top of that hill where the Barbara Mandrell Theatre used to be.

That's great news! I wasn't sure this would ever be announced! Can't wait for the renderings.

On another note, here in Franklin, the Brownstones are nearing completion, and are looking very nice. Also, there is some prep work going on at McEwen Place, and the core of the Nissan Headquarters has reached the fourth floor.

hey cheerio, i dont get out that way much so how about a favor. any chance you could get some pics of Nissan and the brownstones? i'd really like to see them.

28 Story W Hotel

Nashville isn't just HOT! It's smoking! :yahoo: I don't know if all these proposals will materialize, but it's a pretty safe bet that at least half of them will. Nashville is really beginning the transformation into a large urban environment.

from the Metro Council agenda:

38 condo units at the corner of 18th Ave S and Wedgewood.

8th & Wedgewood Avenue SP

Map 104-08, Parcel 263

Subarea 10 (2005)

Council District 19 - Ludye N. Wallace

A request to change from RM40 to SP zoning on property located at 1700 18th Avenue South, northeast corner of 18th Avenue South and Wedgewood Avenue (.54 acres), to permit 38 multi-family condominium units, requested by Barge, Waggoner, Sumner & Cannon, applicant, for Nashville Property Managers LLP, owner.

STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Approve with conditions

Glad to know one of my favorite buildings on Broadway is about to see new life.

From nashville.bizjournals.com

A pair of Georgia developers are spearheading a condominium project on Lower Broadway that could revitalize one of the shabbiest stretches in the downtown tourist district. Gene Gilbert, of Atlanta, and Ansley Williams, of Savannah, are heading up a group that recently bought a building at 308 Broadway and a surface parking lot at 310 Broadway for $1.4 million.

Adding a link to the developers website:

http://musiccitysuites.com/

Edited by barakat

Glad to know one of my favorite buildings on Broadway is about to see new life.

From nashville.bizjournals.com

A pair of Georgia developers are spearheading a condominium project on Lower Broadway that could revitalize one of the shabbiest stretches in the downtown tourist district. Gene Gilbert, of Atlanta, and Ansley Williams, of Savannah, are heading up a group that recently bought a building at 308 Broadway and a surface parking lot at 310 Broadway for $1.4 million.

Uh oh, here we go again.

I wonder what they paid per square foot as compared to what Barber paid for the Westin property?

Can't wait to see what, if anything, they have planned.

Gene Gilbert and Ansley Williams of Music City Suites

Love that duster!

Edited by Nashvillain

323' at the roundabout will look even taller than that. I imagine the Roundabout Plaza is only 100'-150', so the W will look huge sitting up on top of that hill where the Barbara Mandrell Theatre used to be.

Since the Palmer Plaza is 'only' 260' and down in a hole, the 'W' at 323' should stand out very prominently. However, if WES ever gets started, the Mid-Town skyline will be something like (some guessing here),

WES Office, 26 Stories 450'

W Hotel 28 Stories 323'

WES Hotel 26 Stories 320'

Eakins Office 20 Stories? 310'

Palmer Plaza 18 Stories 260'

Adelicea 18 Stories 250'

Not too shabby! :)

BTW; the WES 450' info came from a post from "DUKE' some time ago. As he has seen the plans, I trust his info.

Since the Palmer Plaza is 'only' 260' and down in a hole, the 'W' at 323' should stand out very prominently. However, if WES ever gets started, the Mid-Town skyline will be something like (some guessing here),

WES Office, 26 Stories 450'

W Hotel 28 Stories 323'

WES Hotel 26 Stories 320'

Eakins Office 20 Stories? 310'

Palmer Plaza 18 Stories 260'

Adelicea 18 Stories 250'

Not too shabby! :)

BTW; the WES 450' info came from a post from "DUKE' some time ago. As he has seen the plans, I trust his info.

On Emporis, WES is now listed as "Never Built". I beleive this proposal still has life. Am I correct on this?

If all these proposals do get built the Midtown skyline will be something to behold. It will look like a new city just sprung up overnight there.