Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, rookzie said:

That structure with crosses done in quoins of stone around brick was the former site where some of us attended school until 1979 ─ UTN (University of Tennessee at Nashville). For a few years, the school was housed in this building concurrently with the then-new campus building, before it all became Tennessee State Univ. - Downtown.  I attended this UT from 1977 through early 1979.

At least it and its "partners" facing Broadway have "managed" to endure.  Maybe they'll tear it down and erect a new Drummer's HoF

-=:rolleyes:=-

I want to be clear---I love these buildings.  My fantastical concept for a Drummers Hall of Fame would be INSIDE the 810 Broadway Building---NOT replacing it!  : )

• Like 3

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

I want to be clear---I love these buildings.  My fantastical concept for a Drummers Hall of Fame would be INSIDE the 810 Broadway Building---NOT replacing it!  : )

Just trying to see if I could "push yo' button" ('mote-control style).  Hm-m-m-m-, reckon it worked. -=:)=-

• Like 1

Does anyone know who owns this piece of land that fronts First Avenue and Riverfront Park?  That is Acme Feed and Seed bordering it on the right (north). Sure seems like it is prime for development for restaurant/club on first (and possibly second) floor, several levels of parking above that, and hotel or residential going up to 10-15 stories even further above that (if zoning would allow). It could even have access directly onto the Seighenthaler Pedestrian Bridge (from which this shot was taken).  It's right in the heart of the entertainment district and could have way more potential than just a surface lot in that locale. The empty lot in the back-left is where the new 6-story Lark boutique hotel with rooftop bar will be going up.

First_and_Sigenthaler_Bridge_prime_spot,_Dec.JPG

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I believe that is owned by Jack May.  He sold the adjacent land for the hotel and just to the south to Tom Pohlman from Michigan.   

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/10/developers-tee-up-300m-sobro-project.html

Seems like this one we haven't heard any news on in months.  Is the owner trying to flip it or develop?

^^^ Wait, the photo Mark posted is north of the Pohlman property, isn't it?    Pohlman bought the Market St Apartments and parking lot that sit just south of the pedestrian bridge.    The photo is of the properties immediately north of the bridge.     I believe Jack May still owns the empty lot between the two buildings fronting 2nd in the photo and had plans at one time to build a 6-story boutique hotel and restaurant concept there.   Was that also part of the Pohlman acquisition?        

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Does anyone know who owns this piece of land that fronts First Avenue and Riverfront Park?  That is Acme Feed and Seed bordering it on the right (north). Sure seems like it is prime for development for restaurant/club on first (and possibly second) floor, several levels of parking above that, and hotel or residential going up to 10-15 stories even further above that (if zoning would allow). It could even have access directly onto the Seighenthaler Pedestrian Bridge (from which this shot was taken).  It's right in the heart of the entertainment district and could have way more potential than just a surface lot in that locale. The empty lot in the back-left is where the new 6-story Lark boutique hotel with rooftop bar will be going up.

First_and_Sigenthaler_Bridge_prime_spot,_Dec.JPG

Lester Turner Jr. and Currey Turner Thornton.

http://www.padctn.org/prc/property/91421/card/1

http://www.padctn.org/prc/property/91422/card/1

Two lots, 0.43 total acres.

• Like 2

Since Nissan stadium is in the pic above I'll ask this here. Are the light stantions and railing going to be painted? I saw a video on WKRN talking about the seats being replaced so I figured with all the other updates that a fresh coat of red paint would be logical. Does anyone know if that is supposed to happen?