Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Any odds on what will be next to break ground now that Cambria has ceremonially done it.  I see the post about the old Lifeway campus I'm wondering what all is talked about as being part of this development.  I had heard 2 major towers, similar to the old convention center site but taller with a taller base of 7-8 stories. 

32 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I just hope they don't change the design or height.

I don't think there is any way this doesn't happen, I understand that they are over budget but I have to think they can figure it out.  I'm thinking besides that what could be next to break ground.  I wonder how the City Lights project is going?  We def need more condos in the core.

1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

Any odds on what will be next to break ground now that Cambria has ceremonially done it.  I see the post about the old Lifeway campus I'm wondering what all is talked about as being part of this development.  I had heard 2 major towers, similar to the old convention center site but taller with a taller base of 7-8 stories. 

Did you hear about the towers from a reliable source?  I haven't heard anything about the components of this one. 

On February 10, 2016 at 9:04 PM, UTgrad09 said:

the Lester Turner Jr. and Currey Turner Thornton.

http://www.padctn.org/prc/property/91421/card/1

http://www.padctn.org/prc/property/91422/card/1

Two lots, 0.43 total acres.

the turner family property (the acme building and adjacent building and rear parking lot) is under a long term land lease with the architects that occupy the property.  the small parking lot on that block facing 2nd ave s is owned by frank may and is the proposed boutique hotel and restaurants.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris holman said:

Nashville is becoming  a large  city right before  our eyes

20160220_135542.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1589234,-86.7706953,3a,73.3y,282.51h,89.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN1DoLkamEja_rx5IJ_sDSg!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Would make an great before and after if someone stitched these two shots side by side.

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Have always like the simple, classic art deco style of the 66-year-old NES building. The dome on the west side facing the freeway is a nice touch.  It makes for a nice entry point along Church Street heading into downtown from the west. Hope this structure stays with us for a long time.

It also catches the light beautifully at sunset.  They do need to sell the back lot, they're just storing equipment there which could be kept on a less valuable piece of property.

• Like 2