Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

That's a new one on me. I knew there was something planned there but had no idea it was an Enclave property. I remember seeing the zoning signs there and that was about it. So much to keep track of now, my head just spins and spins, just like Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

There are also some ambitious plans for some retail development at 8th and Monroe near the AutoZone. I caught a glimpse of the designs and it will be very modern looking and much more pedestrian friendly than most of the existing development on 8th.

Another thing I've noticed about the G'town area... the sidewalks (many of which are very old and in need of repair) should be replaced sometime in the future with new walks and medians (for trees). That would add so much to any DT residential area. It would resemble the residential streets of the city center in Philly.

The city is already working on replacing the sidewalks in Germantown. It is probably too late to add medians.

357815082_be5b058cf5.jpg

There are also some ambitious plans for some retail development at 8th and Monroe near the AutoZone. I caught a glimpse of the designs and it will be very modern looking and much more pedestrian friendly than most of the existing development on 8th.

I think that may be Metropoliton 8. That is on 8th on the right going toward DT from Metro Center just past the I 65 merge.

I think that may be Metropoliton 8. That is on 8th on the right going toward DT from Metro Center just past the I 65 merge.

Metropolitan 8 doesnt consist of any retail.

I would love to see the rendering of this new retail development along 8th. I know it will never happen but I would like to see some of the stores already along 8th rebuild with more ped friendly buildings. Maybe this new development along with Werthan, 8th & Hume, Metropolitan 8, and the development of the lot across 8 from Werthan will get kick this area in gear. Now that I listed it thats a good bit of development on that stretch of 8th. Too bad one of the ultimate urban mistakes Cheatham projects arent going anywhere anytime soon, if ever.

I'm actually starting to think about buying a condo dt. Does anyone have an idea of which condos give you the best sq footage for the buck? I was thinking I would like something near Music Row with a view of dt. Something with at least 1500 sq ft. Any ideas? Adelecia? Terrazo? What about the condo's on 18th near Edgehill?

Villain those are AWESOME photos of the courthouse. I didn't realize it looked so great!

I've always loved the photo below of the dragon at Fannie Mae Dees Park. I spent many a summer afternoon climbing around on that guy as a kid. Good times. By the way, it's from the Nashville city website digital photo gallery.

photo_big_0163.jpg

Several things of note.

Number 1:

I was doing a drive around Saturday and there was a core driller on 3rd Ave N. It would be the lot just past the lot that the District lofts are going on. It was just before Crown Awning and tent comp. This area is red hot and I would not be surprised to see more mid rise development going in there.

Number 2:

I was doing soem walking today and there was a survey crew doing work @ 19th and West End. This is the site of the twin 17 towers with the 3 story base. They said the were doing a survey of the blue building which is 1808 and they finished the lot that is in question for the towers.

Number 3:

Another lot is cleared on Long Blvd right next to the un-named four story that is about finished. This is across the street from the D8 lofts. Looks as if there may be another four story at that location.

Several things of note.

Number 1:

I was doing a drive around Saturday and there was a core driller on 3rd Ave N. It would be the lot just past the lot that the District lofts are going on. It was just before Crown Awning and tent comp. This area is red hot and I would not be surprised to see more mid rise development going in there.

Number 2:

I was doing soem walking today and there was a survey crew doing work @ 19th and West End. This is the site of the twin 17 towers with the 3 story base. They said the were doing a survey of the blue building which is 1808 and they finished the lot that is in question for the towers.

Number 3:

Another lot is cleared on Long Blvd right next to the un-named four story that is about finished. This is across the street from the D8 lofts. Looks as if there may be another four story at that location.

I beleive 1808 West End is something like 14 stories. I wonder why they would be surveying that one?

Just wondering how The West End was coming along. Haven't heard much/seen much about it in a while.

Actually while I was typing that I decided to check and found this website, not sure I had ever seen it posted The West End

It has some construction pictures, but hasn't been updated in about a month. I really like this project, so maybe someone can tell me how much more has happened since that last picture in January. Of course I will be back in a week for Spring Break, so I could just wait and see.

Number 2:

What is currently sitting on this parcel? Is that the corner across from the Marriott Courtyard? There is a Mrs. Winners at one corner, a gas station at another, and an abandoned bank building at another.

OIC, thanks. Do you know who is developing it? I find it interesting that it appears to be the same property that Vastland had slated for their 12+ story office building. However, that one may be what's being called 1725 Hayes (which of course would be near 17th Ave. on Hayes ... between West End and Hayes). So has anybody seen any real proposal announced for this twin tower project? Is the 3-story base a part of the total 17 floors?

I don't know who the developer is for sure.

This property is at 19th & West End.

The Vastland Property would be @ 17th and Hayes, about a block away.

Then the WES would be between 16th and 17th and between West End and Hayes. If all happens, there will be a mass of construction going on in a 2 to 3 block area.