Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

These Lofts on 8th look hideous... bland, faux-sto exterior, and (gasp!) is that a parking lot in the front? I guess not all the projects in Nashville will look great. Isn't this one near Wedgewood?

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...6/1196/COUNTY01

Going south on 8th just past Douglas St. on the right. Past the antique district. There are a couple of other projects on the back streets in that area as well.

These Lofts on 8th look hideous... bland, faux-sto exterior, and (gasp!) is that a parking lot in the front? I guess not all the projects in Nashville will look great. Isn't this one near Wedgewood?

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...6/1196/COUNTY01

Yikes, and that is the redesign! Clearly that developer doesn't 'get' urban form, but it's something I suppose.

Just wanted to start a thread where we can list any groundbreakings, updates, and cranes going up. Everywhere I look in midtown, I see a crane...DT's next?

There's a crane up at the 1109 18th Ave site for the 7-story condo tower. Crane at Adalecia.

Somewhere, about 3 or 4 months ago, a member put together a fantastic list of under construction and planned developments complete with links. I can't find it now. Does anyone have it marked? Thanks.

Waterworld I agree that everyone that works to post project threads and pictures THANK YOU very much. After posting the few pix about the forum meeting last Saturday and seeing the work it takes, I am so impressed with the efforts of the posters on UP Nashville!!!

Edited by Nashvegas06

Could it be the office part of the W Hotel?

That would be as good a good as any, IMO. Problem is it seems unrealistic to think they could break ground so early on that project. Still, I think most of the listings on Bidclerk have unrealistically optimistic start dates.

A couple of things noticed around town. Zoning sign up @ 3rd Ave North just past the site of the District Lofts. Rezoning from "I" something to MUG. There was a core driller on site here as well. There was another sign on the far corner on Fourth Ave. as well, probably the same development plan. This encompasses the Tent & Canvas business on the corner. Their name escapes me right now.

Also at Monroe and 4th and 5th, there is a sizable project in the works that looks to take about 3/4 of the block. I am not sure what this is.

The news of so many projects in north DT make me very curious as to what's going on there. It sounds as though that part of the city is shaping up to be a quite pedestrian oriented residential quarter. How's the development quality there? Have any of the meet-ups of forumers explored that area of town?

Only on individual drive tours have we looked at the areas. In another five years, it will be a very substantial neighborhood from the Mall area through Germantown. A lot of the developments are in the 2 to 5 story range which will be a lot of density eventually.

I think the quality of some of the projects is pretty good, however there are a few that some probably dont like and that gets into another subject that I am not about to touch.

does anyone know where to find a rendering for the under construction Bank of Nashville at West End and 19th(20?)? Will this be just a branch or the bank's headquarters? If it's just a branch it sure will have alot going on underground considering how much excavation is going on. What's the scoop on this? pictures!

Thanks, Will

Is there digging going on there now? I had heard (over a year ago) that it was going to be their HQ and it would be 14 stories tall with underground parking. Haven't heard/seen any updates since. That's why I'm surprised to hear what sounds like digging going on there. This project sometimes gets confused with Vastland's 17 story building on Hayes one block away.

I sure wish somebody could post pics of all the u/c project in midtown. Thanks.

does anyone know where to find a rendering for the under construction Bank of Nashville at West End and 19th(20?)? Will this be just a branch or the bank's headquarters? If it's just a branch it sure will have alot going on underground considering how much excavation is going on. What's the scoop on this? pictures!

Thanks, Will

You are probably thinking about the one story retail currently under construction? It will include The Bank of Nashville, a TGI Fridays, a Deli, Sun Tan City and a one more shop.

They certainly have dug a deep hole for such a small development, however.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read many post over the past couple of years in which the poster says something along the lines of "Nashville is going to look very different soon". Well, has anyone noticed that it is actually happening?! I was approaching Demonbreun on 40W yesterday and noticed a huge building rising over the crest and thought "hey! thats the Adelicia!" We are begining to see skins on the Suntrust, Encore, and getting a faint glimpse of the Icon. Even other smaller project are starting to show themselves. I drove around yesterday just to soak it all in! Things are actually getting very exciting around town! And all of this infill with out our beloved Sig/WES. I can't wait for 5 years from now when the Gulch begins to resemble a mini-downtown. Let's hope for more on Music Row.

Just an observation i wanted to share. Thanks, Will.

Will, your absolutely right. I currently work inside the Nashville Hilton for Enterprise, and it's amazing how much Sobro is starting to buzz. There is an unsatiable need for more hotels and street level retail. Nashville is in dire need of the new convention center. When the Westin and Hampton Inn are complete, along with the other construction projects, we'll be in need of even greater things for our city.

They are keeping this project well under the radar it seems. Hardly any publicity about it and this is news about Nmda being invloved. Thanks for that update Heckles. Its seems to me that it is time for one of our media types to do a contact and get an update about this.

All I can say is that its refreshing to see an ultra modern project, it would be depressing to get yet another new urbanist type neighborhood with American Colonial architecture or another traditional southern columnar or coastal series of homes like so many new urbanist developments have. Instead of a new urbanist community, it will be a refreshing ultra modern set of condos, and it will mix things up a bit.

With that said, I still love colonial and coastal and plantation columns, but the deal is that you can only have so much of one thing in my opinion.

Another thing that is great is that its helping fill the void around the bicentennial mall. The bicentennial mall will hopefully look radically different in the next 5-10 years as things get built around it to integrate it into the urban setting. I imagine it becoming more like centennial park where more buildings encapsulate the area, but even better.

Edited by heckles