Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I think there is only one crane. There have been two the past few days because there was a red one helping build the yellow one that is cemented into it's base. I believe the red one was coming down today. I got a photo gallery of pics I took today, here's the link. I'm temporarily storing them on a site I'm building till I can figure out where to let them live long term.

One shot shows the red one in the street it may be tiny in one of the pics.

Pics are of Terrazzo site, Gulch, Icon, Pinnacle Site, Encore, WES, Rolling Mill and Cumberland Yacht Club site

http://www.discovermusiccity.com/pics.html

What project at WES. It must be your imagination Dave. Thats what happens when you get old.

Just took a drive out west and the sprawl continues with a new subdivision starting on the left of I40 almost to the Pegram exit.

A number of projects going on Charlotte Ave, including the office condos @ 17th, the medical building going in the old RC cola building (rehab is looking good), The Hope Grant project for what ever the name of the housing project was there on Charlotte. They are almost to the street. A small building rehab on the corner of McMillan and Charlotte.

Of note there are two buildings @ 5th and Jefferson on the corner that have been sold. One was a battery place and another I think was an auto trim shop. I just assume they were sold but both moved out of the buildings at the same time to other locations. Don

I think we all know it has been cxl. Once there has been a decision as to what is going to replace it, then I will try and do a new project list. The threads are designed so you can edit after a certain period of time. Once that has passed which is a small window, the thread is posted for good unless a moderator changes it.

I thought I would gather a collection of some of the better photos from the Nashville forum to illustrate what Nashville is all about. Sorry I couldn't give everyone credit.

The growing skyline..

nashville.jpg

As seen in movies and television...(Lexy)

original.jpg

Downtown density...

AlittlesliceofNewYorkinNashville.jpg

A city on the river...

135671533_64520b8196_b.jpg

A city that embraces the river...

SymphonyArt016.jpg

From KCGridlock..a city of bridges..

nash_8722.jpg

A city that honors and protects its heritage...

nash_8744.jpg

A city of music..

SymphonyArt004.jpg

A city with a 30 block long skyline...

nash_8780.jpg

And finally, my favorite, a city that's a player on the national scene..

nash_8620.jpg

Kind of explains why Nashville is one of the world's great cities.

What project at WES. It must be your imagination Dave. Thats what happens when you get old.

Just took a drive out west and the sprawl continues with a new subdivision starting on the left of I40 almost to the Pegram exit.

A number of projects going on Charlotte Ave, including the office condos @ 17th, the medical building going in the old RC cola building (rehab is looking good), The Hope Grant project for what ever the name of the housing project was there on Charlotte. They are almost to the street. A small building rehab on the corner of McMillan and Charlotte.

Of note there are two buildings @ 5th and Jefferson on the corner that have been sold. One was a battery place and another I think was an auto trim shop. I just assume they were sold but both moved out of the buildings at the same time to other locations. Don

Edited by bwithers1

Honestly, I hope not. 5th and Jefferson really could use a large (horizontally) structure to anchor the corner and start bringing some life back to this corridor At the very least, maybe something like the townhouses going in nearby with ground-floor retail? I'll keep an eye on that one, although I don't get through that area as much now that I am working in South Nashville/Berry Hill.

Speaking of South Nashville, there are some renovations and even a few infill new-construction homes going in on 2nd/3rd/4th Aves South in the vicinity of Chestnut Street as well as a major renovation of a park building. Nothing major - no cranes - but desperately needed. Perhaps this area could start to improve a la Salemtown or even Germantown some day.

Ive made numerous posts about the area along 2nd/3rd/4th. I seem to be one of the only ones that noticed that the area had loads of potential. When you find an area like that mixed with a bunch of vacant lots and old restorable houses it always has the potential to become something. I think were gonna see it really take off in the very near future. But parts of that neighborhood are about as bad as it gets in Nashville, but thats back up on the hill a good distance from 2nd and 3rd. But I remember a time when Salemtown looked like that.

It's located in the old Sears building nearer 8th Avenue (at Lafayette), an area that should rebound and realize its potential in not too many years. The mission may be a stumbling block for now, but its proximity to SoBro, Gulch and the new CC will make its future at that location marginally tenable at best.

Nice shot of that tower, although I'm not a fan of it at all. Question: Why are Icon and Terrazzo under construction not visible from that angle?

Because of the angle the photo was taken from, bldgs in the distance seem much farther away than they actually are. If you look just above the left corner of the long dark red building (which I believe is Cummins Station) in the photo, you can barely make out at least two small white horizontal lines which I believe are two of the three cranes at the sight.

That is crazy that the angle makes it look like there is nothing out there, but he is right. You can see the white ICON crane just above the red building (Cummins Station)...of course you also have to remember that the ICON cranes will be getting quite a bit higher, won't they?

That is crazy that the angle makes it look like there is nothing out there, but he is right. You can see the white ICON crane just above the red building (Cummins Station)...of course you also have to remember that the ICON cranes will be getting quite a bit higher, won't they?

A couple of things for this week. The land that is proposed for the twin towers on Demonbreun is passing the test of rezoning. No real surprise here.

The project on 3rd Ave N. just passed the District lofts passed rezoning for that project. I dont know how many more readings either of these projects have to go through.

The Monroe from Germantown Partners is evedently a go according to the NBJ. This will be on the corner of 5th and Monroe right next to the project going on 4th and Monroe.

A couple of things for this week. The land that is proposed for the twin towers on Demonbreun is passing the test of rezoning. No real surprise here.

The project on 3rd Ave N. just passed the District lofts passed rezoning for that project. I dont know how many more readings either of these projects have to go through.

The Monroe from Germantown Partners is evedently a go according to the NBJ. This will be on the corner of 5th and Monroe right next to the project going on 4th and Monroe.

Excellent news!

• 3 weeks later...