Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

We need someone to go to some strategic areas around downtown and install a few live cameras.  U.P. Live Cams all over the city.  Love the one at the Science Center...but would also be great to have a few on the tower at Bridgestone Arena pointing N, S, E, W...and one on Nissan Stadium facing downtown (yes...News2 has both of those, but they're not public).  Maybe one on Skyhouse that could point towards downtown or Music Row. 

5 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

A couple of photos from the mid 1990s, when Lower Broad was beginning to emerge from its time as a haven for peep shows and hookers. The new arena opening marked the beginning of a remarkable renaissance! And for a while, even Hollywood (well, Planet Hollywood) came to town:tw_glasses:

I still have my t-shirt from Planet Hollywood!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Some older images of Broadway I found online. 

IMG_2098.JPG

Never realized that Paradise Park had reused an old sign, that is cool.  Also the strange design of the building seems to predate new broadway as well.  also notice the freidman sign on the left, the building looks like it is about to fall down, but now is still there.

31800365020_89682f5bb5_b.jpgbraodwayppark by willfry, on Flickr