Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Remember that this pic was taken about 10 years ago, and lots of stuff was not there yet. So Sommet looks closer without the Schermerhorn in front of it. The Gateway bridge was not there either. The shadows also add something of a distortion as the west bank of the river blends into the structures above it. Also, Rolling Mill Hill is actually much closer to the I-24 Bridges than one may think at first glance. I've noticed that when I've been a passenger in cars going over the river.

BTW: That's Shelby Park in the foreground, right?

sorry about the quality, i was hanging my phone out of the driver's side window while going down second. i had a perfect shot of the pinnacle site, but my phone ran out of memory. i did clear it up in time to get a shot of the courthouse though.

0730071029a.jpg

0730071032.jpg

look at the density starting with the bell south building going to the left!!!!

0730071029.jpg

Edited by satalac

Great shots from a camera phone. Thanks for taking these and posting them.

thanks. i've been pretty impressed with the quality of the pics on this phone. i was coming back from one of my deliveries and decided to try and get some pics of downtown on my way back. next time i'll just get back to work a little later. :P

The Pinnacle site:

ghostballetwhatever048.jpg

ghostballetwhatever043.jpg

Can we please get some mixed-use development going here. Anyone heard any news?

ghostballetwhatever049.jpg

This parking lot across from the Schermerhorn is an ideal spot for bottom floor cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating. Nashville has such a tremendous asset with the pedestrian bridge, any developers with some vision or at least a modicum of brains could really get things moving in this area.

ghostballetwhatever046.jpg

Edited by Nashvillain

So who owns the parcel(s) across that plaza from Schermerhorn? Are they part of the respective properties that front on Broadway? It's a shame that the development of the SSC did not include some sort of underground parking there that could have tied-in to both the parking garage under/across 4th Ave and have some sort of Piazza area with open air shops etc. in that parking lot. Are there any plans for that area?

I think it's owned by one of the parking lot companies now. No plans that I'm aware of. There were two or three older one story buildings fronting 4th Avenue before Schermerhorn construction commenced. The owner of those buildings either sold them or replaced them with the parking lot. They justified it by saying parking would be needed for Schererhorn patrons. Unfortunate but true.

could be sooner than you think.

the tennessean

So what's Metro's continued role in this? Do they sell the land to the developers or lease it as planned for the ballpark? How does that affect possible development? Does the Council hold out for supposed bigger and better things in order to flex its muscle or for members to get their names behind a big project?

Maybe Metro can lease it less than market value and stipulate below market-rate rentals or condos be built. That way, the developers aren't "forced" to build super tall as well and the area can be a high density, low to mid-rise development which will preserve views to the river and to downtown from Rolling Mill Hill.

I just got back from the forum meet and, as usual, had a great time. While on my visit to Nashville today, I took a bunch of construction pics. Man, there's a ton of construction going on. I hope you like them.

This first pic was actually taken 4 week ago. The Sun Trust Bank downtown

P7070356.jpg

The newly completed Ghost Ballet art near LP Field

P8040380.jpg

The Pinnacle construction in front and The Encore condos in background followed by a rendering of the Pinnacle when finished. 29 stories and 435 Ft. I can't wait for this one.

P8040383.jpg

P8040384.jpg

TheCrown.jpg

The Gulch looks like a "sea of cranes". I was amazed at all the cranes, and it won't be long until we see more in the area.

P8040385.jpg

Griffin Plaza in the Gulch looking towards the Icon. This one will be breaking ground real soon.

P8040388.jpg

The 22 Story Icon Condos. Work has begun on the tower section and this one should start rising fast!

P8040389.jpg

P8040390.jpg

P8040393.jpg

The 14 story Terrazzo Condos in the Gulch. Very nice progress!

P8040391.jpg

The 14 story Rhythm Condos on Music Row. I believe there was a ceremonial ground breaking where the dirt is. This one is listed as U/C on Emporis and shortly there will be lots of activity here.

P8040394.jpg

The West End Summit excavation and a rendering of this project when completed. This is one huge project!

P8040395.jpg

wst_end_smt1.jpg

The 18 Story Adelicia Condos nearing completion

P8040397.jpg

Construction on the Vandy campus. There always seems to highrises going up there.

P8040399.jpg

P8040401.jpg

The 11 Story West End Condos

P8040403.jpg

And finally, out in suburbia, the Nissan headquarters....home to 1,300 very high paid jobs.

P8040405.jpg

Edited by Hankster

Wow, you covered lots of ground and took some great, informative photos. It was hotter than the dickens again today, too. Any new gossip or news revealed at the meet?

The big gossip out of the meet was that First Tennessee Bank plans to consolidate all its Nashville area operations in a single downtown building. I think Alex Palmer must be salivating over that one. Unfortunately, there was no new definitive news about Signature Tower. William Williams said he planned to talk to Tony Giarratana very soon.