Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

42 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^Great shots and welcome to the board!  Post more often.

Will do!

14 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Welcome, AF-Nash.  Look forward to more shots and comments.  You're also most welcome to join us for our monthly Meet-Up at The Perch (NW corner of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North) at 10 AM on the first Sat. of each month.  Next meeting will be on March 4th.  : )

Thanks, Markhollin! I will post some more shots and comment in the future. And if time permits, I will stop by for the monthly meeting in the future. Thanks again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

I'm curious. Are there Metro rules/regs in place to prevent collisions between the cranes? Or is collision prevention handled by the crane operators?

It's calculated by site engineering structural design really. Placement of the crane itself and length of booms is always calculated to avoid this. Go back to Viridian and remember it used a luffing boom, which is what is pretty much the only kind used in New York, due to site space constraints yet still acts as a tower crane. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VSRJ said:

I dunno, I don't think it's the worst thing ever. I much prefer it over that hideous blank-brick-wall building closer to the core. While far from ideal, this at least adds some visual variety/contrast to the mostly-glass structures around it.

I agree. It could be worse. It does have a visual impact regardless if people like it or not. It would be interesting if it had cool lighting from behind the panels and could change colors. 

• Like 4