Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Now that the excavation over, whats next? Has this project started and will there be any cranes soon?

I assume you're referring to WES. There are no currents signs of construction on the site, and I don't have any information on when the construction will start. I hop the wait will be short 'cause I can't wait to see this "bad boy" rise.

Thanks Hank for showing off such great pics of all the major projects around the city!

I am a definate fan of the new Suntrust Tower. Its weird to remember that not too long ago that corner was just empty, now it has that great gem of a building on it. I think its the green glass that I like about it so much.

Thanks Hank for showing off such great pics of all the major projects around the city!

I am a definate fan of the new Suntrust Tower. Its weird to remember that not too long ago that corner was just empty, now it has that great gem of a building on it. I think its the green glass that I like about it so much.

I definitely agree about Suntrust. It's such a clean looking structure.

It is so exciting to see all of these new places being created all over the city. There are so many new and unique views and environments and scenes worthy of being photographed being formed that it is hard to keep up!

Edited by BnaBreaker

I'm sorry for not being clear but yes I was speaking about the west end summit. Does excavation happen often in constuction and whats the point of excavation? Thanks for answering my questions Hankster, I too can't wait to see this project rising./.

The excavation will be for underground parking. There will be about a 1,000 parking spaces, I beleive.

First time poster, long time reader.

Hi, slightly off topic, but Wow. You joined in 2005 and just now made your first post? That's awsome! You take lurking to a whole new level my friend!! :lol: I thought I had lurked for a long time before posting but you put me to shame...welcome aboard!

Hi, slightly off topic, but Wow. You joined in 2005 and just now made your first post? That's awsome! You take lurking to a whole new level my friend!! :lol: I thought I had lurked for a long time before posting but you put me to shame...welcome aboard!

I lurked myself for several months before posting, but now I've got over 2,600 posts. Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if this had been posted or not, but there is a small crane behind the old Belle Meade Theater as work continues on that project.

Also, a larger crane is up on the Kenner condos site right beside that. Belle Meade has it's own little crane skyline right now haha...it surprised me.

Also work continues on the former Fuddrucker's site...steel beams are still being placed and they are above the first floor now...it's amazing how much of a difference you can tell a building like that will make with how close it will be to the street in contrast to the old Fuddrucker's building and the other fast food buildings beside it that are setback with parking lots...I know it's not everyone's favorite project but it is an improvement.

I don't know if this had been posted or not, but there is a small crane behind the old Belle Meade Theater as work continues on that project.

Also, a larger crane is up on the Kenner condos site right beside that. Belle Meade has it's own little crane skyline right now haha...it surprised me.

Also work continues on the former Fuddrucker's site...steel beams are still being placed and they are above the first floor now...it's amazing how much of a difference you can tell a building like that will make with how close it will be to the street in contrast to the old Fuddrucker's building and the other fast food buildings beside it that are setback with parking lots...I know it's not everyone's favorite project but it is an improvement.

Indeed it will be. If West End ever becomes a pedestrian blvd., this project will fit right in. Next?...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a rendering for this project?

• 1 month later...

This is a picture I took last December, but just rediscovered it recently. It's not the greatest picture from a photographic standpoint (lotsa clutter in the foreground and a poorly placed tree), but I like it just the same. Taken from Fort Negley.

img0045smallbm8.th.jpg

(click to enlarge thumbnail)

• 4 weeks later...

This is a picture I took last December, but just rediscovered it recently. It's not the greatest picture from a photographic standpoint (lotsa clutter in the foreground and a poorly placed tree), but I like it just the same. Taken from Fort Negley.

img0045smallbm8.th.jpg

(click to enlarge thumbnail)

I like it too! Nice shot.

We have a spreadsheet which summarizes development in downtown Nashville. You may find it of some interest. It was current as of Jul 07.

I would like to make it available to those who participate on this forum, but am struggling to figure out how to attach it to a post. If someone could send me instructions, that would be great.

In the meantime, if you would like a copy of the spreadsheet, drop me an email.

Nick

Nicholas Lindeman

Special Projects Planner

Nashville-Davidson Metro Planning Department

800 2nd Ave. S.

Nashville, TN 37210

(615) 862-7198

[email protected] http://www.nashville.gov/mpc

Edited by NickLindeman

^ Welcome to the forum. It would be awesome to have you provide us with that spreadsheet!

Update: The only document type the site supports for upload would are .JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG and .PDF, but to do so you either have to have 100 posts or a paid account. I was afraid this would be the case.

If you have emailed it to a member who has either a 100 posts and/or a paid account and the file is one of those types then they could post it for you.