Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

The Neuhoff Project is very conceptual at this point in time. I would not look for anything to be done for the next couple of years. I do know the project is still listed at the architects web page but other than that nothing. The current economic conditions will put a lot of projects either on hold or on the chopping block.

Crane is now in place at the Hilton Garden Inn site on Broadway. This is a mobile crane and not a tower crane.

Work has begun on another phase fo West End close.

The Whitney in Green Hills is almost complete. There are a couple of smaller office buildings under construction at Bedford Commons as well.

Looks as if the first crane is up at the Rolling Mill Hill site. I would predict that there will be at least two more if not three at this project if they go up will all buildings at the same time for phase 1. This crane is over the Victorian building which is the larger of the older buildings.

I ammend this post as the crane looks to be for the new District building instead of the older one I first thought. My perspective what hindered by my location on the interstate.

Edited by smeagolsfree

took some quick photos of the Icon, Terrozo, and the Velocity...... on the Velocity subject, work is progressing. Currently there was a cement truck on site, a hole of some sort dug and rebar already erected in the hole. Not sure what it all is, but work has defenitly begun.

No pics of these two but here's the latest.

Enocre is finishing the west side of the parking garage with a combination of windows and funky fins. The fins have been in place for a few weeks, while windows have been going up this week.

Rolling Hill.... There is a red crane on site already up much like the one at the 5th and Main site.

If I uploaded the pics correctly they should be somewhere below this I guess....

post-12139-1198086142_thumb.jpg

post-12139-1198086178_thumb.jpg

post-12139-1198086211_thumb.jpg

post-12139-1198086249_thumb.jpg

post-12139-1198086287_thumb.jpg

post-12139-1198086383_thumb.jpg

post-12139-1198086443_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have not done an updated projects list in about a year. I am currently working on the the new list and will try to have this completed in the next couple of days. I think the biggest difference you will see is the proposed list has shortened somewhat due to economic factors. I would have hoped there would be more under construction and a lot more proposed by this time this year but this is not the case. However you will be surprised that there is still a lot going on in Nashville.

At this point in the game, I am not going to include the rather lengthy list of completed projects as I would be repeating myself several times over from what has previously been posted. The following projects are either under construction or very close to being completed. As you can see there is still a lot going on here and a lot on the boards but not as much as I had hoped. A whole lot of smaller projects which is just fine with me, much of it infill.

Under Construction

The Pinnacle 30 story project

Pinnacle-at-Symphony.jpg

The Encore 20 stories

encore.jpg

The Icon 22 stories 423 units

iconpicturelrg.jpg

The Terrazzo 14 stories 109 units

terrazzo.jpg

The Rhythm @ Music Row 14 stories 105 units

rythym.jpg

Rolling Mill Hill 1200 units in all three phases

RollingMill5_lg.jpg

1st phase to include two new buildings and renovation of two existing buildings.

RollingMill7_lg.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

5Th and Main

exterior_side.jpg

The West End 11 stories 75 units

thewetower2.jpg

The Gulch Project master plan

gulch.jpg

Griffin Plaza 10 stories

griffin_plaza_rendering.jpg

Vanderbilt University Imaging Center

imagingctr.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

Vanderbilt University Light & Langford Hall build out

Lightlangford.jpg

Vanderbilt University Hosp. ER build out 11 stories

The Shops @ St. Thomas

shopsStThomas.jpg

Belle Meade Theater complex

BelleMeade.jpg

http://www.bellemeadetowncenter.com/

Belle Meade Court kenner.jpg

Harrison Square Phase II

HarrisonII.jpg

The District Lofts

http://www.districtloftsnashville.com/

Districtlofts2.jpg

American Trust conversion to Hotel Indigo

Metro Fire H.Q. building, Hermitage Ave.

Fire Station 2nd Avenue & Lea

Nashville Children

Edited by smeagolsfree

Approved and Delayed projects

Federal Court house

URBAN_1_400-corner-b.jpg

The Signature 70 story project

signatureShorterviewtight.jpg

SigRender022306.jpg

The Westin Hotel (This project has been scaled back and will only be around 14 or 15 stories)

Westin2.jpg

Pine Street Flats

Cumberland Yacht Harbor 43 acre development

aerialweb.jpg

Demonbreun Streetscape Project

Fern Avenue Lofts

Fern.jpg

Metropolitan 8

metropolitan8.jpg

Enclave 8th and Hume (I have not heard anything on this project for a while and it may be dead but I think it is still viable)

Enclave8thhume-1.jpg

Broadway Lofts

Proposed and Conceptual projects

Opryland Hotel Expansion (an approx. 300 million dollar expansion adding 400 all suite rooms)

gaylord1.jpg

Opryland entertainment district across from hotel on Briley. This is a rumored project thought to top 1 billion dollars. No rendering or details available at this time.

7th and Monroe

Tony Giarratana

Edited by smeagolsfree

Great work as always, Ron! All told, it's a pretty darn good list of projects. And just think what new projects will probably be announced later this year to add to the list. Among those could be:

Convention Center Hotel - 1000 Rooms ?

Opus Gulch project ?

Novare project ?

Giarratana SoBro project ?

Downtown retail project(s) associated with the Convention Center ?

Retail project(s) in the Gulch ?

Something totally unexpected

It should be another exciting year for development in Nashville.

I ammend this post as the crane looks to be for the new District building instead of the older one I first thought. My perspective what hindered by my location on the interstate.

What is the new District building? Is that the midrise that SBER was selected (by MDHA) to build at the corner of First Ave and Gateway (across from the former Ballpark site)? Isn't that one supposed to be an office building?

There are two new buildings going up as part of the Rolling Mill Hill project, the Metro and the District. I think the District is than larger of the two being about 8 or 9 stories, however this building went to appeals to ask for no unlimited height which means it may be taller but not too much. The Power house had to be demolished, so they may be trying to make more room in this building.

Here is a linfk to the site.

http://www.rollingmillhill.com/

I realized there were a few projects left off, all on college campus's around town.

Belmont University:

New athletic field at site of Rose Park

New 12 million dollar Freshman Dorm behind Hail Hall

Trevecca Nazarene University:

New Convocation Center

Watkins College of Art:

A second on campus dorm building

David Lipscomb University:

Several new buildings, but no hard facts as to what they are.

I seem to recall a recent proposal for a condo tower (17-18 stories) at the corner of 17th and Broadway.

Also, was the word about a second tower to the Adelicia an actual proposal or just a rumor? Did the new pocket park at the corner of Division effectively end the possibility of the companion to Adelicia?