Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I seem to recall a recent proposal for a condo tower (17-18 stories) at the corner of 17th and Broadway.

Also, was the word about a second tower to the Adelicia an actual proposal or just a rumor? Did the new pocket park at the corner of Division effectively end the possibility of the companion to Adelicia?

I saw an info board up at the sight of the new building being built at the corner of 17th and Division on Music Row. Can't remember how tall it will be.

QUOTE (ATLBrain @ Jan 11 2008, 01:12 PM)

I seem to recall a recent proposal for a condo tower (17-18 stories) at the corner of 17th and Broadway.

Also, was the word about a second tower to the Adelicia an actual proposal or just a rumor? Did the new pocket park at the corner of Division effectively end the possibility of the companion to Adelicia?

Your, right about that. There was a company out of Chicago (Kennedy Investments) or something to that effect. I have not heard a peep out of those guys in a while and do not have a lot to go but I guess we can add to be on the safe side.

As for the second Adelicia, I think you are correct in assuming that ended the possibilities for the second tower.

As for #1 Music row, at least two of the three parties have backed out of this deal. After discussing this with several people, I feel it is dead. But who knows, the dead have risen before.

There are two new buildings going up as part of the Rolling Mill Hill project, the Metro and the District. I think the District is than larger of the two being about 8 or 9 stories, however this building went to appeals to ask for no unlimited height which means it may be taller but not too much. The Power house had to be demolished, so they may be trying to make more room in this building.

http://www.rollingmillhill.com/

Thanks, but now I'm confused. I saw the building that you're describing in the RMH plan in the link. But I also thought there was a MDHA bid awarded to Streuver Bros that was apart from the defunct Sounds proposal. If correct, it would sit across Gateway from the ballpark (at the corner of GW and First). It was to be an office midrise building of about 12-15 floors. True?? Or am I just totally way off?

To my knowledge SBER has not started on any part of their commitment to the RMH project. They had plans for a large building right on the corner of Gateway adn first, but that was part of the overall Sounds plan. These two building are being done by Direct Development.

Edited by smeagolsfree

To my knowledge SBER has not started on any part of their commitment to the RMH project. They had plans for a large building right on the corner of Gateway adn first, but that was part of the overall Sounds plan. These two building are being done by Direct Development.

Yet, one more piece of the fallout of the Sounds debacle. So what really happened? It looked to me (from afar) that Purcell didn't take a leadership role in consummating the deal, and the other two key parties broke it off. Is that fair? If so, then is there any hope that Mayor Karl Dean will revive this deal?

It seemed to me that SBER was ready to pump more than $200M into Nashville's downtown.

Yet, one more piece of the fallout of the Sounds debacle. So what really happened? It looked to me (from afar) that Purcell didn't take a leadership role in consummating the deal, and the other two key parties broke it off. Is that fair? If so, then is there any hope that Mayor Karl Dean will revive this deal?

It seemed to me that SBER was ready to pump more than $200M into Nashville's downtown.

Excellent question and I think we will see some kind of movement on that front a little later on this year. As far as the Sounds deal, that is a big question mark. They have been shunned by Nashville, and Franklin and the fact is they want it to be a public project which I dont think will happen. Guess they could be a compromise somewhere but I don think they will go back on the thermal plant site unless someone builds a stadium for them.

IMO, Purcell was a sorry mayor that was afraid to take a major leadership role because he was afraid to rock the boat. Yes the Courthouse square was completed, but that was all. The Predators deal was not taken care of until Dean came into office adn he is taken a leadership role in pushing the CC to a start. This is my opinion and some may disagree.

IMO, Purcell was a sorry mayor that was afraid to take a major leadership role because he was afraid to rock the boat. Yes the Courthouse square was completed, but that was all. The Predators deal was not taken care of until Dean came into office adn he is taken a leadership role in pushing the CC to a start. This is my opinion and some may disagree.

I don't think you need to apologize. That seems to be consensus. My firm is politically connected in the southeast, and several of our "lobbyist-don't-call-them-lobbyist" partners are friends of mine. Over drinks a few days before Christmas, we were discussing good mayors of the region in recent years. Purcell was mentioned as one of the worst. So I guess it's a good thing for you guys that he's gone.

Looks as if we can take the Acropolis out of the proposed list and put it under construction. I have driven by the last couple of weeks and there is more activity and equipment on the site. The Artesia is looking good as it is four floors now and a little bigger than what I had expected. These are both smaller in fill projects on Parthenon Court close to Centennial Park.

Thanks for the pictures! The ICON is really impressive looking, and I can't wait to see that part of town once it and a few other of the projects start to finish. My favorite picture is the shot of the Encore and the Pinnacle crane with the ICON and Terrazzo in the background. Very nice!

Edited by timmay143

Thanks for the pictures! The ICON is really impressive looking, and I can't wait to see that part of town once it and a few other of the projects start to finish. My favorite picture is the shot of the Encore and the Pinnacle crane with the ICON and Terrazzo in the background. Very nice!

Thanks!! I just got a new camera :camera: Expect a lot more pics to come.