Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

I know we show ones from here all the time....but since I was up on the hill today..

The JW Marriott is revealing nicely from this angle. And the Marriott Tri-Brand is visible, too. It's going to be very interesting what the eventual SoBro/KVB massing of 20ish story hotels (Omni, Tri-brand, The Joseph, Drury) - will look like. Ditto for The Westin, JW, Embassy/Curio and Cambria. 

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 4

Whoa, Bridge Building and Cumberland Park was 2011? I don't know why, but it seems so much longer ago that it was built. My brain knows it's only a few years old, but the whole fabric of downtown has changed so much in such a short period of time, it's hard to believe it was only 6 years ago.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

This particular location is called the 'Mound Bottom' site near the Narrows of the Harpeth State Park. Indeed it is now a part of the State Park per the request of Mr. Street who owned the site prior to his death. I attended a meeting with the Ranger in charge of the park making a plea for interested citizens to create a 501c3 organization called "Friends of Mound Bottom' to support the site through publicity and fund raising. I discussed this with several people, including an accountant (necessary for a successful 501c3), but didn't get a lot of interest.

What the Ranger really wanted was a swinging bridge over the Harpeth to connect an accessible part of the park to the mounds. My cursory Engineering calculations concluded a nearly 300 ft. long bridge would be required to stay above 2010 flood levels. That's an expensive bridge! But, you can access it by canoe.

Morgan Freeman recently visited the site while filming his National Geographic series, "What is God?". 

So in short, there won't be a Taco Bell here, although the throngs of week-end canoeists leave enough garbage on the banks to make you think there could be one.

I was just making a dumb joke haha, but honestly, thank you for the information!  I'm so happy to hear that the site was preserved.  That's definitely a part of metro Nashville I have very little experience with.  Sounds like it has a lot of natrual treasures waiting to be discovered!

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Whoa, Bridge Building and Cumberland Park was 2011? I don't know why, but it seems so much longer ago that it was built. My brain knows it's only a few years old, but the whole fabric of downtown has changed so much in such a short period of time, it's hard to believe it was only 6 years ago.

The remodeling of the Bridge Building was about 6 years ago. The building itself is far older (90 or so ?).

• Like 1