Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 10/13/2017 at 12:04 PM, markhollin said:

The Beaman Wasteland:

Beaman wasteland.png

And that is why I will never purchase a vehicle from any Beaman dealership. They are the single biggest block to re-urbanization in Nashville and exist there for no other reason than to give the city one big middle finger. He's sitting on a gold mine that would pay for a similar sized super car lot outside of the CBD a dozen times over, but refuses out of spite, greed, short sightedness, or a combination thereof.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Amazing how you are able to read Lee Beaman's mind! I'm not wild about those car lots in that location, but it's his property and his decision-whatever his motivation.

I don't know what Beaman's motivations are either, and I agree he can do with his property as he pleases. 

But I also agree with Nathan that I would never buy anything from him and further encourage him to remain, regardless what those motivations may be.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hahaha wow, what a reference... these days in the new movies they look like weird freaky inbred mutant turtle man hybrids... back then they just looked like... uh... regular?  mutant turtle man hybrid... if it is possible for a mutant turtle man to look regular?  'SEE KIDS, BACK IN MY DAY OUR CARTOON HUMAN ANIMAL HYBRIDS LOOKED MORE APPROACHABLE AND THAT'S JUST THE WAY WE LIKED EM!' 

As I was reading the comments about Lee Beaman, I suddenly thought about the arguments for and against moving into NYC's subterranean housing market in the early 90s. It is his property, but I wish he would just give it up. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2017 at 1:30 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

Amazing how you are able to read Lee Beaman's mind! I'm not wild about those car lots in that location, but it's his property and his decision-whatever his motivation.

Oh it's totally his decision on what to do with it. I just think his current decision is stupid and destructive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, markhollin said:

Centennial Park looking east from above 31st Ave. Connector (courtesy of Aerial Innovations):

Centennial Park, Aerial Innovations of TN 16, 2015 x.png

I really hate that parking lot, it spoils one whole side of the Parthenon.  I hope they come up with some less hideous way to handle parking than this which not only ruins a lot of views but doesn't do much in relation to the amount of parking actually required.  Most times I've been there people are parking on the grass and whatnot.  They should put a garage under the lawn or something.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Neigeville2 said:

I really hate that parking lot, it spoils one whole side of the Parthenon.  I hope they come up with some less hideous way to handle parking than this which not only ruins a lot of views but doesn't do much in relation to the amount of parking actually required.  Most times I've been there people are parking on the grass and whatnot.  They should put a garage under the lawn or something.

I feel like a small underground garage similar to Hall of Fame Park would work great and even give a little bit of additional park space. The costs probably wouldn't be worth it for that to be a realistic solution though. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, henburg said:

I feel like a small underground garage similar to Hall of Fame Park would work great and even give a little bit of additional park space. The costs probably wouldn't be worth it for that to be a realistic solution though. 

It would be pretty expensive. Underground parking typically costs between $40,000 and $50,000 per individual parking space. Above ground structured parking is typically between $25,000 and $35,000 or so. An asphalt surface lot typically costs around $5,000. Those are rough averages and don't take into consideration unique, site specific issues. Parking is expensive. 

I've actually seen developers/real estate companies purchase declining office space solely for the structured parking that it includes so that those parking options can be packaged with nearby/adjacent new construction that's planned.