Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

If I could pluck any building I wanted and stick it in Nashville it would be Atlanta's 191 Peachtree Building.

With all due respect, I think 191 PT is hideous. It does have nice height. But puhhleeaze... that double cupola is just idiotic looking (IMO of course).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Several things to let you guys know if.

First, it looks as if the Shoney's on Demonbreun may be about ready to come down. There is a large piece of machinery right behind the rest. and looks as if it could do the damage.

Across the street, it looks as if the Rhythm lofts sales office is getting ready to be in action soon. Large sign.

On 31st Ave. , another condo project from Regent right below the Artie Lee. This one is the Ruby May. Where do they get these names. :lol:

Several things to let you guys know if.

First, it looks as if the Shoney's on Demonbreun may be about ready to come down. There is a large piece of machinery right behind the rest. and looks as if it could do the damage.

Across the street, it looks as if the Rhythm lofts sales office is getting ready to be in action soon. Large sign.

On 31st Ave. , another condo project from Regent right below the Artie Lee. This one is the Ruby May. Where do they get these names. :lol:

I'm ready for that "W" Hotel project to get started. If they're ready to tear Shoney's down, maybe a project for that piece of property is closer than I thought.

I beleive they're hoping to get Rhythm Lofts (13 to 14 stories) started before the end of this year....Yet another tower crane for Nashville!

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the tower crane rise a bit this morning downtown at the Encore site. It was an amazing study in hydraulics. These pics were taken rather early and a few hours later the crane was LOTS higher than these photos indicate.

The bonus photos are of the 4th Avenue side of the Schermerhorn and one from the bridge with the Mississippi Queen at dock. I love that photo. It was in the process of being refueled and yellow cabs were returning lots of passengers back from wherever they'd been.

It was an interesting morning.

Cranes1.jpg

Cranes2.jpg

C_Cranes3.jpg

C_SSC1.jpg

C_Queen1.jpg

I posted the construction trailers were on site at Terrazzo.

We have had a few thread like this. maybe we can get it tagged

Those are actually the trailers for the ICON. They just happen to be on the Terrazzo property for now.

Edited by Duke32

I watched the tower crane rise a bit this morning downtown at the Encore site. It was an amazing study in hydraulics. These pics were taken rather early and a few hours later the crane was LOTS higher than these photos indicate.

The bonus photos are of the 4th Avenue side of the Schermerhorn and one from the bridge with the Mississippi Queen at dock. I love that photo. It was in the process of being refueled and yellow cabs were returning lots of passengers back from wherever they'd been.

It was an interesting morning.

Cranes1.jpg

Cranes2.jpg

C_Cranes3.jpg

C_SSC1.jpg

C_Queen1.jpg

Nashville has some good density going on. I had no idea the Veridian was so close to the L & C. Does anyone know how close those two buidings are.

That's sounds right Dave. When we were atop the L&C, I was trying to gauge the distance and that if I had to, would I be able to make the jump. (Sorry to bring up bad images tomcampion). Which reminds me. Any Hitchcock fans out there? Saw Vertigo this week end. Classic! I'll refrain from making the obvious joke. Sorry Hankster.

That's sounds right Dave. When we were atop the L&C, I was trying to gauge the distance and that if I had to, would I be able to make the jump. (Sorry to bring up bad images tomcampion). Which reminds me. Any Hitchcock fans out there? Saw Vertigo this week end. Classic! I'll refrain from making the obvious joke. Sorry Hankster.

Oooh, I love "Vertigo." 'Cept, I also HAVE vertigo (labyrinthitis). :cry:

Just guessing, others know more than I, but at the parking base, about 6 inches, and residential balconies are about 15 feet from the L&C.

6" may be generous. This is how close it is to the adjacent Cohen Building. It's about the same on the other side next to the L&C.

137935994_578bd444a5.jpg