Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Anyone know what the crane in front of the ATT & (BWSC?) building is?  I'd guess it's the LC Sobro site, but it seems awfully tall for a 7-story building. And how close will Eakin's box get to City Lights from this distance/angle? 

So is anyone else feeling like giving up on Embassy/Curio?  

image.png

Your vision is better than mine. No idea where that crane is 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, wreynol4 said:

Geez, their skyline is at least twice as dense as ours :(

That is mostly residential, as west coast youngish people want to move to downtown Austin. You can look up the numbers and see that office square footage of Nashville and Austin are almost the same. Also Austin does not have a midtown to campare to Nashville's.  I lived in Austin twice and Nashville thrice.

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 4

On 9/3/2018 at 6:57 AM, Predsboy18 said:

...and I love that we're slowly knocking off that "redneck" image, even if the CVB keeps promoting us as that, but that's tourism money, and I don't go past 5th Ave on Broad unless I absolutely have to, so I don't deal with it.

Great post, @Predsboy18.  I'm not a 'native' but have lived here for 26+ years now.  IMHO, when we took "Music City" as our brand, we embraced all things 'country music,' including rednecks.  However, "the Nashville sound" made country music accessible to a much wider audience by moving past the quaint, folksy sound from the Appalachians.

Just like the people with the attitude that created "the Nashville sound," we are showing the world what it means to be Southern, smart, accessible to all, and (I would add) friendly.